2016 All Ireland Hurling & Camogie Finals

I’d say Joyce would’ve been back in for the final even if Fennelly was fit. They needed a more mobile CB and midfield to curb Gleeson’s influence the 2nd day against Waterford, which nearly wasn’t enough.

Shots fired

Urlingford!

Bandit Country, was probably some cunt from Rathdowney stirring shit.

2 Likes

I came in to say up the cats, but having read the last 50 posts … Fuck the cats. Fuck Tipp. Fuck you all.

Tipp by 3.

2 Likes

Tipp have sent Woodlock out to put a bit of pressure on Gavin. KK need to respond, please let it be Eddie Keher.

1 Like

Lovely jubbly.

https://youtu.be/ccPv_UJe5kY
@caulifloweredneanderthal

Tickets gone up on tickets.ie

Cc @thedancingbaby

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport/214403/clean-bill-of-health-forlimerick-minors-for-all-ireland-final.html Daily well done stay with limerick

Thanks mate.

Must have disappeared quickly.

If anyone is looking

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=260316

They were gone fairly rapidly… It was only a few in the Nally.

There will be loads of tickets flying around from Friday evening onwards. Can’t see this one being a sell out.

I’ve been thinking about the game and match ups for the weekend and we must put Bonnar and Dan Mac on the wings to curb the influence of Buckley ano Walsh. Noel Mac doesn’t have the athlehism to do this. I’d play him in the centre and let him roam. If Joyce follows him it creates space for the FF line. If Joyce doesnt he could wreak havoc. Noel finished the idea of Brick as centre back a few years ago scoring 5/6 points from play off him in a few meetings .

On the other hand you’d expect Richie Hogan to play centre forward and keep Ronan Maher occupied. He is similar to Noel that he only needs half a yard to score from 60 yards plus. Kk did this in the 2014 replay and Paudie flowed Richie which resulted in a load of space in front of Colin Fennelly in the second half. I think he got 3 points and caused endless hassle. You’d expect Cody to place TJ on Seamus Kennedy. A ploy he has successfully done in the past when he put Sheflin on John O Keffee in 11.

The winning of the game will be in my opinion the battle between Brendan Maher and Fogarty. Both play as a 4th member of the half back line. Whoever can cut out the opposing centre forward the most will go a long way towards winning the game.

Tipps full forward line looks a lot more potent on paper especially if Bubbles starts. A few good balls in there and real damage could be done. I don’t think Cody has many more rabbits to pull from his hat. John Power and John Joe are all he will use from the bench.

If Kk win this it is Codys finest achievement. The players at his disposal are mainly downgrades on what he had in the same positions 2 years ago. Holden, Prendergast, Lester, and Blanchfield are nowhere near the level of JJ, Jackie, Mick Fennelly and Richie Power. Also in 14 he had subs like Henry, Tommy Walsh, Aidan Fogarty at his disposal.
Tipp on the other hand have strengthened, no more so than at midfield where Maher/Breen are an improvement on Woodlock/Shane Mcgrath.

7 Likes

I like your line of thinking on Noel McGrath at CF, pal.

So do I. He has chickened out so many times against KK whilst hiding out on the wing it’ll be no harm getting him winded earlier than usual.

1 Like

Intensity will be the key factor on Sunday