Clare GAA Thread šŸ

I think this year is a direct fight between Tipp and Killkenny, and the same in 2010, with whoever wins this year (2009)not winning the year after. Tipp needed this years semi-final to let them know what is required for the whole season. The only thing that could scuttle them is i hear that Sheedy is almost over strict on them, and is keeping them away from their clubs far too much, and doesnā€™t give sensible leeway when its needed. One player described it to me as ā€œforgettingā€ we actually are amatuer at the end of the day, in relation to not been allowed go to some function(he wouldnā€™t have been on the piss) and go to a league game instead even though he was out injuried for 3 weeks. The same player suffered all year because of same when he confronted Sheedy on it.
Limerick are a Division 2 team now, in almost every sense. They are not what i would consider in any way a ā€œhurlingā€ county now.

I have met sheedy a few times and I would say he is a disciplinarian alright, A my way or the highway kind of fellaā€¦Tipp will definately improve this year the likes of O Mahoney and Mcgrath are both really starting to motor for them and if Callinan and kelly can keep putting up the scores and they can find a few grafters they will take stoppingā€¦

Team for tomorrow:
Pat Kelly(Inamona)
Conor McMahon(kilmaley)
Cathal Dillon(crusheen)
Gerry Oā€™Grady(crusheen)
Gary Oā€™Connell(Tones)
Conor Plunkett(clarecastle)
Michael Hawes(cratloe)
Pat Donnellan(the mills)
Conor Hassett(Barefield)
Conor McNamara(Scariff)
Tony Griffin(Ballyea)
John Conlon(Clonlara)
Caimin Morey(the bridge)
Fergal Lynch(Clooney/quin)
Mark Flaherty(kilenana)

Subs
Domhnall Oā€™Donovan(Clonlara)
Gerry Quinn(Corofin)
Tony Carmody(Inamona)
Cormac Oā€™Donovan(Clonlara)
Nicky Oā€™Connell(Clonlara)
Breandan Bugler(Whitegate)
Barry Nugent(Eire og)

Delighted to see the likes of conor macmahon,gary o connell, michael hawes, john conlon and caimin morey getting a start as all could well break into the team if they hurl wellā€¦Disappointed to see Mike Mac persevere with Plunkett at centre back, he showed last year against tipp he isnā€™t up to it at this level, also I donā€™t think Conor mac should be on the panel let alone the team, waterford crystal or no waterford crystalā€¦

I have a match at 11 in the morning and if I donā€™t get coveredin shite or frozen to the bone then I will take a trip to meelick for itā€¦We should beat Tralee handy enough

[quote=ā€œThe Pukeā€]

I have a match at 11 in the morning and if I donā€™t get coveredin shite or frozen to the bone then I will take a trip to meelick for itā€¦We should beat Tralee handy enough[/quote]

Have a bit of a thigh strain so I said I would give Meelick a skip but ye will all be happy to know I have the radio on Clare FM and will provide updates through outā€¦

The O Donovanā€™s twins involvement is in doubt due to a family bereavement last nightā€¦

Half time score:
Clare 2-6 Tralee 0-10

Gerry Quinn started centre back instead of Plunkett and Bugler in for Donnellanā€¦Flaherty and John Conlon with the goalsā€¦

Nickey O Connell came on as a sub for Gary O Connell half way throgh the first half

Clare leading 2-14 to 11 points in the closing stagesā€¦

cheers for the updates

Full time score:
Clare 2-18 Tralee 2-13

Clare finished the match with 13 men due to the experimental yellow card rule as they had all there subs usedā€¦

Ger Arthur also featured despite not being named by me in the subsā€¦

LIT next sundayā€¦

Your welcome NCCā€¦Good to see you taking an interest in Clare hurling

Would Tralee have many hurlers Puke?

They had a team with a good few Clare and Limerick lads on it, Eoin Ryan from kilmallock(think he is on the limerick panel) hit 1-9 or 10 for them today, mainly all from frees, the likes of Noel Downes and Enda Kelly were hurling for them and they would be good club hurlers in Clare but a bit off intercounty level TBH

Clare were missing 6 or 7 lads today who would be hurling with their colleges in this and also Jonathon Clancy and Brian O Connell as the two of them are in Australiaā€¦

Mad that Tralee are in this now considering they couldnā€™t win a game in the Ryan Cup for 4 years, must have been an influx of hurlers.

I know that Kerry have taken a few of the outsiders that go to Tralee IT and get them to hurl for the countyā€¦Enda Kelly from Newmarket and a limerick lad by the name of O Brien(?) from Bruree were playing for them last yearā€¦

Good for hurling.

Well tis no harm anywayā€¦UL beat Limerick today also in the waterford crystal 2-14 to 0-16

Liam Sheedy: ā€œMet the puke a few times, seems like a complete idiot.ā€

That coming from youā€¦Fatheaded cuntā€¦Nothing but bitterness, it isnā€™t my fault life didnā€™t work out for you the way you wanted it to so no need take your biterness out on meā€¦

To reiterate my main point You are a fatheaded cunt

Here we go, up outta that.:smiley:

[quote=ā€œThe Pukeā€]That coming from youā€¦Fatheaded cuntā€¦Nothing but bitterness, it isnā€™t my fault life didnā€™t work out for you the way you wanted it to so no need take your biterness out on meā€¦

To reiterate my main point You are a fatheaded cunt[/quote]

Well you are an idiot, you also posted something there a while back about meeting Tony Carmody but I canā€™t remember the inane conclusion your psychoanlytic procedures reached on his personality/character.

2 observations I would make on this:

1. Who actually gives a fuck

2. Carmody and Sheedy are probably thrilled to meet an idiot who is pretty much a stranger boring the ear off them about some ridiculous hurling topic.

Also, have you ever seen my head? Itā€™s the hair not the head that makes it look fat.

That is all.

What did I ever say about meeting Tony Carmody appendage and where did I ever say that I have talked hurling with Liam Sheedy, there you go drawing conclusions that are far from the truthā€¦

God you are one sad bitter cuntā€¦