Cork GAA 2016

Twomey and Meade will get their chances. I can only go by what I saw a few years back, but Brosnan was always super-inconsistent, a stronger but less talented Naughton. Leahy Iā€™m going by what I heard - that is that he is very much like Cian Mac - I must have seen him play before but canā€™t place him.

Apparently Lawton is highly rated by this (and the last) management and is apparently the fittest player in the squad by some distance. Egan, weā€™ll see. I think he has something to offer. The others I agree with, injuries really fucked Oā€™Farrell.

Anyway Iā€™m sure you can quibble over this lad not being in, and this lad being in, but its hardly going to make much of a difference. This management, like the last one, will have to make do with limited talent and its too early yet to tell if they can bring them anywhere.

Leahy? He is an excellent player. As is Looney from Aghada but he might be in LC iā€™m not sure but got no go. Their approach to it is a joke. How can lads with 35 or 50 mins in January impress enough to make a panel? Its a weak regressive management again, Cork always had balls and gave people a real chance.
Luke Meade - 35 & 25 mins opportunity. He is clearly a summer hurler, but bring him in for the last game or two when things speed up a bit. He is talented.
Brosnan - Better player than Cian Mac and has just as good ball winning ability. Was absolutely superb the 3 times i ssw the Glen last year. Hard as nails and can score. Has things to iron out but they seem too lazy/unsure how to/under too much pressure to work on players weaknesses.
Conor Twomey - Regarded as the best defender in the championship last year. Got bits of 2 games.

Thats 4 there with some potential. There are more, but they are inly given token chances.

Who is in thats a waste of time;
Lawton
Luke Oā€™Farrell
Cian Mac
Willian Egan (ffs)
Paudi Oā€™Sullivan

And Joyce being in us a total insult to the others. From what i heard he is nowhere near ready.

Killkenny try lads out in real games, competitive fast moving league games. Cork are dumb. Repeating the same failed ligic over and over.

This was my reply, not sure how it ended up there.

Its the whole approach is my biggest gripe.

You know at this stage what Cian Mac can do and fair enough he will win ball, but thats about it. Brosnan is a taller version who at least at club level can score. He covers the ground better than CM too. But you will never find out if these guys are up to it playing Munster league in january and keeping soors open for injured players instead of carrying these guys is simply madness.

What i see them doing is mimicking other teams and keeping the score down and having the odd performance over 2 years and then KK moving on and no progression having been made.

Sean Og taking over Na Piarsaigh hurlers and footballers.

Wow.
Unless he has great support team around him it could go South very quickly. By all accounts they have massive issues and in-fighting. And as someone who has seen what that can do up close they are dam lucky the relegation has been adjusted.

Only good thing is the centrality (is that a word) of it, having the same manager can work well.

Iā€™ve spoken to a Na Piarsaigh man and he says there is no such in fighting.

Iā€™ve spoken to more than one, and they say there is.

The results speak for themselves.

But people lie, all the time.

I hate liars too

You should practice what you preach.

Papa donā€™t preach.

How did the new lads go yesterday?

McGuire - good, was off the pace for a while but eventually totally outplayed Parsons.7.5/10
Histon - good, seems quitely efficient. Was marking good players but was never really burnt. 7/10
Connolly - moxed the sublime with the silly. Kicked a couple of outstanding frees. But then went for stuff thats not on. Get the feeling Conor Mac and ryan will get that out of him. 7/10
Kelleher - only ok but i hope they stick with him. Being a big lad means it maybtake him a little longer to get ip to pace of it. He was a little nervous on the ball and his positioning was a little off at times. 6/10

Hurley, Brian Oā€™ Driscoll, Kerrigan and Cadogan were the standouts.

Keeper is a major issue though. Hasnā€™t learned a thing in the few years there.

1 Like

I see Price is on the bench this weekend and Brendan Oā€™Connell has also committed to the panel so plenty of competition for Oā€™Halloran. Histon gone from the squad completely I see.

The Cork Senior Football team to play Donegal next Sunday as been announced as follows

1. Brendan O Connell (Glanmire)

2. Colm O Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)

3. Jamie O Sullivan (Bishopstown)

4. Kevin Crowley (Milstreet)

5. Tomas Clancy (Fermoy)

6. Brian O Driscoll (Tadhg Maccarthaigh)

7. Kevin O Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)

8. Ian Maguire (St Finbarrs)

9. Mark Collins (Castlehaven)

10. Andrew O Sullivan (Castletownbere)

11. Paul Kerrigan (Nemo Rangers)

12. Donal Og Hodnett (O Donovan Rossa)

13. Daniel Goulding (Eire Og)

14. Peter Kelleher (Kilmichael)

15. Brian Hurley (Castlehaven)

Subs

1. Ryan Price (O Donovan Rossa)

2. Michael Shield (St Finbarrs)

3. Mark Collins (O Donovan Rossa)

4. Bart Daly (Newmarket)

5. Killian O Hanlon (Kilshannig)

6. Fintan Gould (Macroom)

7. Ruairi Deane (Bantry Blues)

8. Dan McEoin (Ilen Rovers)

24 Donncha O Connor (Ballydesmond)

1. Seamus Hickey (Rockchapel)

2. Colm O Neill (Ballyclough)

Ya Price looked good last week.

Martin is a better shot stopper but has the same ego issues.

Think Sean White (may be u21) is better than alot of those backs, think he may come through.

Michael Martin may be busy the next few weeks.

Any sign of cian kiely and the younger Hurley progressing?

Both u21ā€™s so hard to know as they are tucked away.

I have huge reservations about the u21 management so i wonder how that will help.

Hurley looked good in patches last year at club but nothing that would be demanding a panel place. Have not seen much of Kiely to be honest but he is highly rated.

VEry reliant at the moment on UCC players which is far from ideal for the lads themselves.

Iā€™d still be very optimistic. Donegal seem streets ahead of everyone in preperation.

I was in Ballyshannon today. Donegal could have had another few goals.

The scoreline flattered Cork slightly if anything.

From the tv it looked that way alright.

However the CB are forcing teams to travel the same day for the league and donā€™t under estimate that. Cork had a few lads playing who would not even make the Junior team by the summer.

I heard they stayed up last night, not from the most reputable source admittedly.