Music

Anyone looking for a Snow Patrol ticket for tomorrow? Face value etc etc.

Have you only got the one?

Are you still going bandage?

Going alright but only have one spare.

Snow Patrol are gick,

anyone got a ticket to DJ Sammy???

Just saw on ticketmaster Snow Patrol are playing on the 22nd Dec in the Point.

Anyone going to Morrisey on tuesday?
I might head along but Iā€™m not a fan of going to gigs early in the week

Beeee bap-bap, da-da-dapo

Fook Off Rangers :). Jive ass monkey

After all the interest it stirred up I should announce that the ticket is now gone. :slight_smile:

Wouldnā€™t mind seeing Morrissey but couldnā€™t be arsed heading out there after work. Prefer just doing a Vicar St/Olympia on week nights as town is much handier.

Damo Dempsey tickets for Wednesday 13th December went on sale today. If itā€™s anything like last Christmas in the Olympia (the live albumā€™s out now) then itā€™ll be immense.

Madness on the 10th Dec in The Point should be a top gig. Went a few years back and was absolutley amazing. Only wish I hadnt drunk so much. When everybody started leaving I shouted ā€œWait they have to do an encoreā€ and got the response ā€œtheyā€™ve already done threeā€ and then went down to the Olympia to catch the LA Doors. Classic night all round

Just been told Babyshambles are playing the Ambassador on the 26th Sept. Saw them in the Village oct last year. Decent gig. Pity I was fooked out without provocation by about six bouncers after it had finished

Got We Are Scientists tickets for Monday 31st October in the Ambassador the other day. Still gutted about missing Sufjan Stevens in November, might even give money to those tout bastards for that one.

allofmp3.com is an interesting case. Loads of articles about it online and nothing is terribly clear. It is quasi-legal and authorities the world over (outside Russia) are trying to get it shut down but theyā€™ve had no success.

You are safe downloading from it. Until it is made illegal in Ireland then youā€™re doing nothing wrong legally. All the music industryā€™s efforts are in making the site itself illegal because they canā€™t go after anyone who downloads music from there in good faith. So thereā€™s no comeback against you.

Iā€™ve never downloaded from it personally but I know people (online) who have. Iā€™ve read lots about the site in the past and Iā€™ve never encountered someone who had any security issues so it seems as safe as any other website.

Those 3V vouchers are for visa cards and theyā€™re run by Permanent TSB. They work exactly as described so no issues with them.[/quote]

Signed up to allofmp3.com anyway and put money on it using the card I got from 3v.ie and both worked well. My first download tpday was U2ā€™s live version of Mrs Sarajevo from Milan last year. Have been trying to get hold of it for ages, its a brilliant version. Cost $0.21, money well spent imo. Download was very quick and I didnā€™t have to install any software on my pc to do it which I was pleased about. Also downloaded Museā€™s new album will report back as to how it is. Anyone any suggestions for albums worth downloading?

DT

I see Tim, the sometime drummer in BellX1, is releasing his debut album under the guise ā€˜Neosupervitalā€™ next week. Have never heard any of his stuff but the Belly board regulars rave about him and MTV2 have started to pick up his songs. Might be worth checking it out. Also, I see RTE2 are showing live Electric Picnic coverage next week - again, should be decent.

And anyone (rock I know you told me before) know the name of the Belle and Sebastian song that has a line about football in it? Donā€™t want to have to trawl through my mp3 to find to it.

is he a paki???

No, heā€™s from Detroit.

Going to get Damo Dempsey christmas gig tickets today. I suggest the Damo lovers here do the same as itā€™ll be class.

Bought by Damo tickets last week. Itā€™s just the one night is it?

So far just the one night but I expect another one (or more) will be added closer to the day.

Whenā€™s the Damo gig on? Iā€™d be ever so interested in going. Been listening to Shots in the car a fair bit recently and must say itā€™s super fandango.

13th December in Vicar Street