Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

yeah because you know it very well. I drive in Limerick relatively rarely and think its a pain in the hole.

Limerick is grand to get around…the amount of speed bumps are a disaster though.

Which the fuck has public transport got to do with closing off a few streets to cars? It would give Limerick a centre which is currently very lacking.

Limerick city is a grid, it couldn’t be easier to drive around. Just because you don’t know it doesn’t mean it is badly laid out.

1 Like

Limerick people don’t go anywhere without their car pal.

Even when they’re drinking apparently.

1 Like

No need for that.

1 Like

Hi guys. Can you recommend a nice hotel to stay in Limerick City or its environs for 1 night midweek?

Thanks in advance

TDB

Budget?

None. Hit me

The Strand, Pery no.1, The Absolute…

The George.

Savoy is bang in the middle of town. Nice spot. Not too expensive.

Clarion is nice to stay in there are great views out of it but the buffet breakfast is shit (well the cooked foods part, it’s like the hot grub you’d get in centra). If you can stay there and not pay the extra for breakfast, eating somewhere else, then its a fair option.

1 Like

What are you planning to do in the city mate, might help narrow it down. Plenty of good options at reasonable prices these days. Even the Limerick city hotel (formerly Jurys) which used to be an absolute kip has been revamped into a fairly passable, well priced hotel.

If you have no concerns about budget then just go for the Savoy. It’s bang smack in the middle of town and it’s the only 5 Star Hotel in the city. It will still be pretty reasonable priced. I don’t think they have on site parking but do have a deal with a car park across the road.

have you stayed there in the past 6 months kid? have they changed the lifts so that you need a room key to go upstairs?

1 Like

Too many of the harteys started using the gym so they changed it

I stayed there lately, mate. I didn’t need my room key to use the lift.

1 Like

No plans mate. Going to listowel for the races and the last time I drove back to fingal from there it was a nightmare. Sweat pouring out of me and head thumping.

So I plan on doing the dog on it in listowel before nice relaxing evening in Limerick and then heading home.

Mrs DB will be with me

1 Like