Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Why so testy this morning?

Christ.

1 Like

No more than usual.

The Buttery is shite. I told him about Hook & Ladder but would he listen?

Nah, the Buttery isn’t a bad spot at all, fantastic breakfast/Brunch and very nice lunches.
I think you’ll find that Hook and Ladder was my original recommendation as well (long before your own)

I was just shocked to the core that Elvis would have sent Bandage into Marco Polo or the Fuckin Texas Steakout like he was some roaster.

1 Like

Limerick is unreal.

11 Likes

I was only in the buttery twice and it was ridiculously shite both times so I shan’t be back.

Surprised to hear that, I would be hard enough to please and found it to be very good on all three visits, had a fantastic brekkie there on the first morning of the grannies tour.

The Texas Steak house is for monumental roasters. Fellas with brown shoes, blue jeans and check shirts.

You should have went down to the Lock bar Bandage.

1 Like

You haven’t spelled either of those establishments correctly Smark
Texas Steakout and the Locke Bar.

Anyway I thought Carvery was the ultimate roaster meal, that’s all you’ll get in the Locke at Sunday lunchtime.

1 Like

Lock bar is a good spot for breakfast or evening bite. Was never in there in afternoon so couldn’t tell you if it’s carvery or not but it’s an underrated and underutilised establishment which comes into it’s own when the weather is good.

Wall to wall roasters stretching all the way over to the river alright when the sun is shining.

It’s not the worst spot for a bit of grub but it would be well down my list for breakfast or the evening bite.

Says the fella with soggy slices of white bread in his stew and his mug of milk on the side.

2 Likes

On one visit I ordered a coffee and was told to take a seat and it would be dropped down, half an hour later I ordered it again, I’m still waiting for it to arrive. A second time I ordered poached eggs and avocado on toasted sourdough. I got soggy toast with some sort of shop bought avocado spread thinly on it, topped with two rock hard poached eggs dripping water into my toast.

Your a desperate little cunt all the same.

You’re

2 Likes

I’d have shoved those hard poached eggs up your hole.

Well I can’t justify that, sounds terrible. I had that same avocado and egg dish there one time, (actually I think it was my missus had it) and it was quite good, definitely a fresh guac anyway and nicely poached eggs.
You should try it for lunch, it’s fairly good, specials are usually interesting anyway. Mightn’t suit the kind of roaster who thinks the fish and chips or the shepherds pie down in the Locke is the height of nouvelle cuisine though.

I’ve always said you were a weird cunt.

What kind of an arsey fucker orders avocado on poached eggs anyway. It sounds like something an uppity young one would order.

7 Likes