Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Yeah stock cube — obviously a raw potato doesnt soak up much flavour from the cube, but the dullards on here struggle with the basics… a touch of paprika is the job with them… It’s more black pepper than sea salt you season with.

1 Like

Some the potatoes doesn’t soak up the flavour yet you recommend using them as some sort of super healthy alternative?
A healthier alternative is to just par boil them in water, then season with paprika, bit of sea salt and pepper. Small drop of olive oil and bang them in the oven. It’s basic home made oven chips, yet you are trying to sell it as some of revolutionary new idea?

4 Likes

They are.

They are the next big thing.

The stock remains on the outside and makes them extra crispy.

I’d actually stay away from olive oil and use the garlic flavoured fry-lite…

No need to thank me.

Ive a recipe for a super healthy curry should the board want it. A low fat curry.

Granola 2.0 - FAO of @backinatracksuit and @Smark

Oven on to about 175C. Saucepan on a low-med heat and add 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup coconut oil, grated zest of an unwaxed lemon. Heat gently until coconut oil and honey combine forces.

Into a big mixing bowl, add:

• 2 cups jumbo oats
  • 1 cup millet flakes (if you don’t have them, just add an extra cup of oats)
  • 1 cup hazelnuts (chopped)
  • 1 cup pecans (whole)
  • 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
  • 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1/3 cup dessicated coconut
  • 1/4 cup milled flaxseed
  • 1 tbsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt

Stir while pouring in the honey / oil mix, then pour onto lined baking trays and into the oven for 15 - 20 mins, giving it a stir every 5 - 8 mins.

When it cooled I added just under 2 cups of dried fruit - cranberries and raisins. Avoid going too sweet early, and add more if you think it needs it. The ginger, lemon zest and salt add a whole new dimension to this.

1 Like

thats a clamping

Go on so - although I’m not impressed by this “low fat” lark, your recipes to-date have been consistently good.

I used your first recipe a few weeks back. Couldn’t believe how much better it tastes than the packets you buy in shop. Assume it’s much much healthier also?

Good stuff pal. Should be much better for you, unless you added poor quality tack.

1 Like

I hope so :grinning:
Had my first proper bowl this morning, absolutely gorgeous but it takes as long to eat a spoonful as it does to eat two weetabix, serious chewing in it, I never eat between about 7 o clock and lunchtime so I’ll know later how well it ‘works’
Went down well with the kids as well but I think I’ll use it as a topping for their cereal rather than a breakfast in itself.

The ginger is probably a great addition moth, it’s the wrong thread probably but I’ve been treating myself to the odd bottle of bundaberg ginger beer lately. Powerful stuff.

1 Like

Simple to make but You’ll want a few ingredients-
2 large onions sliced- 600ml chicken stock - 2 tsp turmeric - 3 cardamom pods - 1 x 2.5cm piece cinnamon stick - 4 black peppercorns - 4 cloves -1 tsp ground coriander - 1 tsp peeled and grated ginger - 1 tsp ground cumin - half tsp chilli powder - 3 garlic cloves crushed - 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts sliced - 275ml fat free natural yogurt brought to room temperature - Salt -2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves to garnish

Whack the onion and stock (400ml) into a big saucepan, cover and let it boil for 10 minutes… take off lid and reduce heat and let it simmer for 20 more mins until the onions and golden syrupy . Then add all the spices and garlic to the pan and cook for 4 mins – whack in the chicken to coat each side before fucking in the rest of the stock… cover and let it simmer away for 20 mins… scoop out 4 tbs of the sauce and add it to the yogurt, stirring well… then gradually add the yogurt to the curry itself, stirring well again… serve with rie and garnish with coriander. Unreal. Unbelievable.

2 Likes

That’s a very nice recipe pal. :thumbsup:

It’s because of posts like that one that I agree with everything you post.

Should serve 4, pal. Or two hungry cunts.

2 Likes

thats unreal kid, would you have any good recipes for boilt eggs?

2 Likes

:joy: how to boil a spud next

The Emma Louise gang are raging becaue I’m showing the board a whole new way to enjoy their favourite foods. The bitterness is off the charts.

I wouldn’t be a fan of bitter curries.

You’ll enjoy the recipe above so…It’s Emma Louise free.

par boiling chipped spuds before putting salt on them and roasting them is not new :grin:

1 Like