Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

My memory is shit, I cant even remember who managed Dublin before Daly, remind me?

Michael O’Grady?

Was it Humphrey Kelleher?

1 Like

When did he bust his knee and ankle in the motorbike accident? He was never the same player after that. He was an exceptional player in his late teens early 20’s. Unfortunate from a Dublin perspective that they were at such a low ebb then. His prime years were gone and injuries had intervened by the time Dublin hurling was on the rise.

Humphrey Kelleher, I think.

None of us can even be sure. They were at fuck all. He was better off biding his time, waiting for Daly and picking up a few soft Leinster Football titles.

2011 was the motorbike accident. Just before the hurling quarter final in Thurles which Dublin went on to win anyway. It was the day Tipperary’s Ryan O’Dwyer scored a hat trick I think.

Tommy Naughton.

It was Tommy naughtton, who did a good job at steadying the ship after the catastrophic reign of Humphrey Kelleher. Humphrey was a spoofer of epic proportions who almost.drove.the Dublin hurling bus off a cliff. This hasn’t stopped him being portrayed as some sort of Dublin hurling guru by the media ever since.

@Fagan_ODowd - wasn’t Humphrey a former Waterford hurler?

Humphrey is originally a Waterford man don’t know if he ever did much hurling for Waterford though

Sort of. I knew one of the Waterford selectors at the time that Humphrey was supposed to have been playing for Waterford and he had no recollection of him. But after a bit of digging it transpired that he had been a sub goalkeeper for Waterford on a couple of occasions in the mid 1970s

FFS edit that.

She was a brilliant forward to be fair, kicked the world of pressure scores. And with all those all Ireland medals and all stars in her back pockets she’ll be a shoo in for the celebrity spotting.
I’ve heard she’s a lovely girl as well, good luck to her.

1 Like

what?

1 Like

She kicked a load of points when she was on her blob week.

2 Likes

She was compared by her former manager on the news earlier to Maurice Fitzgerald and Mikey Sheehy.

1 Like

For being married to women as well mate?

Did she hold a press conference to announce her retirement?

Not sure but she is high up in the ladies GPA anyway.

Conveniently decided to retire after one last junket abroad with the All Stars.