Is gender dysphoria treatable by surgery?

Excuse the ignorance on this would transgender folks consider themselves gay or straight?

It’s movable feast

People should be able to do what they want, except where they’re mentally ill. A person thinking they are one day 50 something and the next a 6 year old girl should not be indulged. At the very least it should give people pause for thought on this matter.

I’m right wing economically but I agree with John Locke in that it’s societies place to look after these people.

They have lived a life of conflict - Everything internally tells them they should be one thing while everything externally told them they had to be and live up to something else -who wouldn’t be messed up?

I actually spoke to a transgender person this am before getting the red eye from Corbally to Limerick City… I didn’t mention the thread on TFK to her … I just thought I’d let the board know is all.

1 Like

Hmmm

Are you going to have a read of this from ultra liberal Sweden?

Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.

So you are admitting they are mentally ill then?

Funny you mention Locke because you sound locked.

Eh, what? It says that there should be more after care after gender reassignment surgery. That would seem obvious.

Edit: I wouldn’t describe Sweden as ultra liberal

Where did you get that?

You are trying to draw a line of hypocrisy to my belief that society should treat the mentally ill with the NHS treating transgender people. My contention is that evidence on these operations is that they don’t work for most. It isn’t treatment, it’s indulging it.

Says the lad who flagged a post he didn’t like when the person just posted something for debate.

Did they have safe spaces in your university?

most post op ‘transgenders’ want to change back eventually.
are we to think they catch this transgender strain twice in their lifetime and they are simply the unluckiest group of people on the planet to get struck twice by the same rogue lightening bolt and low and behold each time it going in the opposite direction, or are they just stark raving bonkers.

I’m not trying to do anything, I actually pointed out your hypocrisy.

You then posted an excerpt from “ultra liberal (lol) Sweden” which contradicts your own baseless opinions, which is a curious way to try to make a point.

Anyway, you’re usually not worth replying to, more fool me for getting drawn in.

Sorry here glas but if you are calling me a hypocrite then you are admitting that this is a mental illness.

Sweden is seeing a reaction to their liberalism of the 20th century.

You are a hypocrite.

You’ve now contradicted yourself on the point of whose duty it to provide care for transgender people, and on the type of care that should be provided.

So I suppose you’re also an idiot.

So there we have it, glas has admitted that these people are mentally ill.

Well, it’s probably hard to get an honest debate going anywhere.

As for this particular topic, I’m not necessarily looking for a conspiracy angle, as Sid alluded to. I also don’t think we should be so fast to row in behind the “PC Brigade” and label people as bigots just because they think there’s an ulterior agenda at play or because they don’t align with the populist agenda. I found a video that was pretty interesting, and others have found it similarly interesting. Does it mean it’s right or wrong? Absolutely not. It’s an opinion, and is worth looking into. Kudos to @Sidney for some good internetting.

I cannot control what others comment. I definitely do not associate with the view on homosexuality posted by Tossy. It’s up to him to form his opinions, but he also has a duty of care to not force his beliefs or opinions on others.

1 Like

Are you dyslexic?

The Guardian wouldn’t dare publish this these days as the regressive left like Sidney, glas and ChocolateMice would launch a social media war on them.