The Celtic Phoenix - A thread to list the economic miracles of Michael Noonan & Fine Gael

That’s great news for @bandage 's friend

2 Likes

Senile old git forgot the pin for the Escrow account already.

Good article in the Times today.

A fine cunsultant alright

1 Like

“Definately”.

Lolz

We are comparing a typo on an Internet forum to one on the main splash of his professional website.

Lolz.

You’re more interested in a typo on a website than with dealing with the points the article makes.

Oh my, how unprofessional :open_mouth:

Your man said this was a good article about Apple :joy::joy::joy:

How do you know that? I haven’t said a word about the article, I just made comment on Peter’s professionalism.

Em, because you replied about a typo on a website rather than dealing with the points the article makes, pal.

Because I googled Peter firstly and it came up. Didn’t say a word about the article pal.

You keep proving my point. :smile:

I haven’t read the piece yet, when I do I’ll give you my thoughts on it.

1 Like

Good or one you agree with ???

The guy is clearly an “EU” type in his mindset. He doesn’t deal with the actual tax issues which is fine in a sense that he is trying to talk about the EU’s competencies but is pretty key to being a thorough analysis of the issue.The worrying aspect of the ruling was its attempts to ride roughshot over OECD principles.

Unfortunately he loses quite a bit of credit there at the end by talking about Apple having a “provision” in their accounts for these earnings. They have a provision for US Corporation Tax when these are remitted, This is a completely different kettle of fish to what he is suggesting. Apple have cash sitting there that they don’t want to remit to the US org currently because of the US rules, they know they will pay something eventually so provide for it under standard accountancy practice. There is not one mention of a specific provision for the EU case, it is entirely for US CT as far as I can see;

The foreign provision for income taxes is based on foreign pre-tax earnings of $33.6 billion, $30.5 billion and $36.8 billion in 2014, 2013 and 2012, respectively. The Company’s consolidated financial statements provide for any related tax liability on undistributed earnings that the Company does not intend to be indefinitely reinvested outside the U.S. Substantially all of the Company’s undistributed international earnings intended to be indefinitely reinvested in operations outside the U.S. were generated by subsidiaries organized in Ireland, which has a statutory tax rate of 12.5%. As of September 27, 2014, U.S. income taxes have not been provided on a cumulative total of $69.7 billion of such earnings. The amount of unrecognized deferred tax liability related to these temporary differences is estimated to be approximately $23.3 billion.

Whilst his overall outlook on EU Policy is helpful the killer passage is wrong.

1 Like

Nigel farage is a coward and a fucking idiot who’s sole attribute is an ability to appeal to idiots. That bilge is devoid of both intelligence and meaning. I’m surprised anybody bothered posting it.

2 Likes

Just look who posted it Flatty. He’s the biggest fuckwit on here.

1 Like

Biggest wum I’d say. I hope.