The redundancy/Letting people go thread

:lol:

Not quite the case unfortunately ss.

I dunno WTB, depends on the situation.

We had a dozen or so let go back in autumn. Voluntary. Most of them had been there 10+ years and were getting a sizeable payoff to go home and be a homemaker. The reality is that the vast majority of those taking redundency were women with kids and many were delighted with it,in fact many were hanging around for it… And these days the reality can be that the ones who are really fucked are the ones that do not take it. As you are just left with more work for less people.

There is a tipping point at where you should go, even if you like the place because once those people are gone there will have to be a new status quo in which the shit people have probably hit the road and those who are left who are decent are now hovering around the relegation zone with more work to do and less people to do it.

My sister in law would take redundency in a heartbeat.

I was in work a couple of weeks back and there was a meeting with senior managers. I know for a fact that some people had been hoping more redundancies would be announced.

Personal circumstances obviously come into it. Younger people tend to have a lesser package coming to them but they usually don’t have the same financial commitments and have plenty of opportunity to build new careers. Older people get the better packages but where do they go from there.

Bingo

A good Catholic like Fitzy would never have let this happen.

Wouldn’t it be great to be just idling around all week pursuing matters of humanist self-improvement?

8.00 Reveille
8.05 Matters of personal hygiene and what not
10.00 Coffee in Boylesports
10.05 Read the Racing Post in Boylesports
10.55 Acquisition of basic stationary items from Boylesports
11.00 Visit choice of art gallery (Leave bookies 20 mins earlier if walking out to IMMA)
13.00 Donate blood on D’Olier Street and enjoy complimentary carbonated drink, crisps and confectionaries
14.00 Return to Boylesports for afternoon racing
18.00 Consult college noticeboards for occasions of free evening entertainment, seminars, talks, silent discos etc.
20.00 Attend occasion of free entertainment
22.00 Return home and prepare for Tonight with Vincent Browne
00:30 Retire to private chambers with free book of poetry acquired during the day

Your best effort for some time, however I’d be worried that you would be looking quite gaunt by Friday if you donated blood every day.

This is true, Sid, however this is more of an ideal day for the idler, you need a three month gap between donations or longer if you’ve been using prostitutes, handling monkeys or their bodily fluids, travelling to sub saharan Africa and what not.

Is it true that you get loads of questions about anal sex before you give blood - as in if you’ve given it or taken it?

Clarkey has never given blood as far as I’m aware.

dont worry farmer, clarkey wont rat you out :lol:

Dawn: Don the wellingtons, tie up flies and head to river for the morning rise
8.00 Return home with 1lb trout (gut and regfrigerate)
8:10 Gather eggs from the hen house
8:30 Enjoy a breakfast of poached eggs and bacon from pig you slaughtered a few months previously
9:00 Peruse the morning papers (Broadsheet and Racing Post)
10.00 Ring dog and horse trainers to see how the morning gallops went
10.30 Tend to the garden and vegtables
13.00 Lunch - fresh trout
14.00 Take a cross country amble with the dogs
15.00 Harvest vegtables required for dinner
15.30 Pay a visit to the local butchers for a cut of striploin steak
16:00 Stand on the bridge and watch the world go by
17:00 Eat aforementioned steak
18:00 Stroll to the local hostlery for 5 pints of Guinness
20:30 Coke and Hookers
00:30 Retire to private chambers with crabs acquired from prostitute

Can’t remember now, think there’s one thrown in there alright, paying for sex, injecting drugs, being in prison will mean you’ll probably have to leave without giving blood and indeed getting your free Time Out bar and can of Pepsi.

:lol:

Loads of questions no don’t think so but yeah, gays aren’t allowed give blood.

was let go myself once, and to be honest, wasnt overly bothered. the whole company was pretty much gone, and I was the last one of the non directors left. horrible atmosphere there for months, and I was building a house so the payment package suited me. Boss was on verge of breaking down, and I took it well enough as it wasnt exactly unexpected. The accountant who was let go at the same time had a hissy fit and stormed out and wouldnt come back for a couple of days (female, obviously). I worked for the month as per the contract but I was lucky enough though to fall into a job straight away, so all worked out ok.

I’d agree with CLD too that some people now are working so much covering for other let go that they’d be happy to walk with a big payoff.

Yeah it feels like a massive problem in our place at the moment. Morale is through the floor, people solely owning multiple work items that in the past was literally worked on by 10+ people per work item. Of course over time you would expect efficiencies and all that malarkey but it’s gone way too far since all the redundancies.

I recruited 2 new empolyees in the last week, I’m keeping this fucking country afloat.

:rolleyes:

Everyone else refers to them as children

You are a sick paedo bastard, sort this shit out Dunph before I ring the police.

Seeing as the Vita Cortex workers have been paid statutory redundancy, I’m finding it hard to see what all the fuss is about. Ok they want another 0.9 of a week’s pay per year served but I can’t say I’d sit in a dingy factory around the clock over a few months for that. Life’s not fair, the company’s banjaxed, move on surely?