The redundancy/Letting people go thread

.9 of a week per year served seemed like a small amount to be sitting in over but I suppose some of them were there for ages. Tis 300k between 30 of em or so anyway.

So who won?

Did they back down a bit of did the employer cave?

Am about to live some peoples dream of becoming a kept man, for a few months anyway. Last day of paid work today for at least 3 months. Voluntarily leaving to go ‘Living the dream’ by traveling with Mrs Mac who through the joys of our education system will continue to be paid for the summer and has a permanent guaranteed job to come back to.

Have had enough of where I’m working anyway. Had to watch 200 odd being made redundant last October and today a bunch of people who were all hired on short term contracts are being let go having been given a weeks notice last week. Rotten, septic atmosphere with the minimum, if any, amount of work being done. Would probably have left ages ago apart from the wedding and plans to travel.

Thanks to all in TFK for keeping me sane during working hours for the past 12 months :clap:

Ah the second Honeymoon. Tough times. :slight_smile:

Hope you told that shower where to stick their job. Joke of a company.

Nah, I asked them for unpaid leave and then when they wouldn’t give it to me I said that they had forced me into leaving and I had no other choice :lol:

Never burn bridges in this country. Ye never know when it’ll come back to bite you.

when you in brisvegas?

the mid winter TFK Australian meet up should be the event of the year

Late June / early July. Depends how long we spend in Sydney. Any chance Fisty could join us? If we give Kev enough notice he might be able to pull himself away from that sports bra model for a couple of days too. Is there anyone I’m forgetting? This could be epic.

eh…the brisbane lion of course

I think this should be in the mid life crisis thread

Of course. Will you contact The Cisco Kid, Fermanagh Dave and The Kerry Flyer?

Best of luck Mac.

Mac, will you be passing through beautiful Bournemouth whilst on your travels

Best of luck Mac :clap:

Unfortunately not chewy. Next time maybe.

Cheers for the good wishes lads.

No worries Mac. A schooner of tooheys extra dry awaits for you in the cock and bull

I found quitting my job a very cathartic experience and hope it works for you

Good stuff Mac and best of luck with it :clap:

Best of luck Mac. :clap:

Recession me hole. Ffs if a teacher can afford to swan around the world for a summer with her spouse in tow things must be great in the public sector. The Germans might be on to something alright.

This is truly great news. Mac, the TFK Australian tent embassy stands ready to welcome you and Mrs Mac into our excited arms. Let us know when you tough down, I’ll meet you at the airport.

Ah lovely indeed. :clap: :clap: :pint: :ireland: