Things That Are Wrong

Going to a bakery and they having no bread.

He was sick the day they taught grammatical redundancies in the university of life

:clap:

What really grinds my gears is when they put the notes in your palm and then put the change on top of it, can anyone tell me if they are trained to do this in retail college or something because every shop does it.

They take the notes out first I suppose. I rarely get pissed off with people at checkouts though because it is one of the shittest jobs in the world.

I always believed that the ones who put the change in your hand fancy you and the ones that put the change on the counter do not.

Your very very bitter about this altogether.

This was a fella. I think it’s dog ignorant. You’re trying to lift a two cent piece off a counter top then. I was seething when this happened this morning, if this lad tries this stunt again he’ll know he’s been spoken to.

As for it being one of the shitties jobs in the world, I’d disagree to be honest. I’ve had much worse jobs than my stint at the coalface of retail in Fine Wines on Parnell Street.

A tough station I’d say?

My sister accompanied my cousin to the vet to collect my cousin’s sick cat the other day. So they went in and my cousin said, ‘We’re here to collect Michael Moran.*’ The receptionist told her that the vet wanted to have a word with her and the vet called them into his office or whatever. Anyway, he said he had some bad news and that the cat had leukemia and my cousin broke down crying before eventually getting herself together and asking if it was contagious. The vet explained that it was feline leukemia and humans couldn’t catch it and that the cat could be cured with medication. So they left the office and my cousin rang her boyfriend, ‘It’s Michael - he’s got leukemia but he’s going to be okay’. Then she started crying again.

• Yes, the cat is called Michael Moran.

This whole thing is very sad, thanks for sharing it with us Bandage, it puts all my worries into perspective.

your cousin needs a good kick in the box bandage

:lol: :lol:

My lovely, lovely, lovely cat
My lovely cat, running though the fields
Where are you going with your fetlocks blowing in the wind?
La laa laa

http://www.videoplayer.hu/videos/play/33501

I know the feeling alright, it’s demoralising. You’re there trying to coax it into your hand with a queu of people behind you and the retail assistant staring at you and then at the two cent piece and then at you again. People are probably thinking “it’s just two cents you mean fucker, will you ever get out of the way”. To avoid this i usually just walk away from the counter after paying for items unless the change amounts to at least four cent.

Interesting story Bandage.

Question - is Moran the family name or it is just completely random.

Just lookingaroubd the apartment here and saw a Guineys paper bag with the caption - ‘Guiney’s - the store that made Talbot Street famous!’

That should be in the Things That Are Right thread. Michael Guiney’s is a superb shop. Where else can one buy a Simpsons bath mat, a wooly hat, a Crocodile Dundee tape and a pillow, all under one roof?

Nothing agaisnt Guiney’s shop - but you shouldn’t draw attention to the fact that Talbot Street is famous as it is famous for being scumbag central.

It’s like the wire making West Baltimore famous