US Presidential Election 2016: Sidney's Victory Lap

I was reading a piece on Trump. Was a little surprised to find his mother was an emigrant from Scotland while his paternal grandfather and grandmother were emigrants from Germany. Guess I thought they were a longer established american family.

He avoided the military draft through college deferments and a foot injury.

He has not been bankrupted. He has used chapter 11 four times for companies he owned.

He is the very same age as George w bush. 70, born 1946.

His quote on Mexicans is staggeringly daft for someone seeking election to be potus.

Geoffrey Boycott

What we are dealing with now is quite honestly, the worst Democratic candidate in the history of the United States of America.

4 Likes

I’m afraid you dont carry as much weight as Bernie pal. I hope that doesn’t cut you too deeply, but I felt it best to tell you.

Bernie didnt shit himself

1 Like

It’s fucking sad to say that Hillary is better looking now then she was in her prime. She’ll never be in the oul wans I’d shag thread

Of course they do, all politicians do. The Democrats have it down to a fine art though.

The wildly liberal RTE Prime Time presenters cannot understand why Trump is doing well in the polls :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Pauline Kael comes to mind.

Talk to me about this Gary Johnson lad. Moderate candidate. Could he sneak in?

If he was on the republican ticket he’d probably hand hillary her arse,anyone able to read a teleprompter and not make an ass out of himself every day would be handing hillary her arse

The GOP must feel like Galway felt in 2013 .

I know nothing about him chief but he might just split the two if prime time is anyway accurate

Didn’t on the those delegates strip .

Hasn’t a hope mate.
Will probably poll higher than any previous Libertarian candidate ever has though, esp with Weld as his running mate, both former Rep governors of largely Blue states. If he gets 10%+, then that will be seen as a victory for the Libertarian party.
Will hurt Trump more than Clinton, but will probably suck a few votes away from both.

The CEO of Cannabis Sativa? Not a hope, doesn’t have the money to compete and doubt they’ll even allow him into the debates.

I like him, he’s fiscally conservative and socially liberal like myself, a left leaning libertarian. As a two time governor, he actually has more relevant experience than Trump or Hillary, as does his running mate William Weld, former governor of MA. I agree with him on almost every issue, slashing useless federal government, getting rid of the toxic federal reserve, a simpler tax code, drug decriminalization, complete separation of church and state, non interventionist foreign policy.

He will be getting my vote.

1 Like

2 Likes

Ooofft.

http://www.mediamatters.org/video/2016/07/26/cnn-s-paul-begala-shows-media-how-respond-right-wing-benghazi-attacks-against-clinton/211891

PAUL BEGALA: Mrs. Obama is a unifying figure and she is seen as deeply patriotic.

[…]

BEGALA: She has focused on things we all agree on, that we all care about, especially those military families. And so when she stands up and says, "I trust her, this person who is polarizing, and partisan and a politician, she says “I trust her with my children,” this just is really powerful.

JEFFREY LORD: But, you know, Pat Smith trusted her son to Mrs. Clinton’s care, Secretary Clinton’s care in Benghazi, and she didn’t take care of him.

BEGALA: I don’t – that’s a cheap shot.

LORD: No.

BEGALA: How many embassies and consulates were attacked when Bush was president?

LORD: I don’t know the answer. Do you?

BEGALA: 20. 66 people were killed. How many congressional investigations? Zero. How many front page stories? Zero. This is exactly the kind of thing makes me crazy. This was a terrible tragedy –

LORD: But Paul –

BEGALA: It’s been investigated. She was cleared even by the partisan super PAC of the Republican House of Representatives, and even they cleared her.

1 Like

What county in Ireland is Hilary from?

President HilLary is from Clare, mate.