Wexford GAA 2016

will ye win today

Yes, pal. Back us -4 at around evens.

An absolutely shambolic first half display by Wexford but I still believe.

Half Time: Offaly 2-12 (two-twelve) Wexford 2-4.

We led by 2 goals to nil after 2 minutes.

An utter shambles today, chaps.

Alan Corcoran might as well devote another Morning Mix to it tomorrow because the players arenā€™t speaking to him anyway.

:confounded:

:smiley:

An 8 point beating to Offaly on our home pitch. Thatā€™s fucking depressing.

1 Like

Liam Dunne has to go.

At least ye bear Kerry lads.

Some relegation battle in place now between the ā€˜Leinsterā€™ sides.

Great kicking by Brosnan, Flynn and Shanley (from frees) here. Goal by Tubritt and we lead Wicklow by 1-17 to 1-5 at half time.

Wicklow got back to within 3 but weā€™ve now outscored the Offaly hurlers.

4-23 to 3-12. "64.

Lyng back in action and has already got 1-1.

If the wexford hurling management and hangers on really care about wexford hurling they should step aside now. Itā€™s obvious he has lost the dressing room. Wexford no world beaters thatā€™s for sure but no heart at all today.

Will ye stay up:joy:

Jesus. Just catching up with Division 1b results. Thatā€™s a suprise. @Bandage, obviously Wexford were brutal but were Offaly decent? I realise Iā€™m in the wrong thread but who stood out for them?

1 Like

Fair going to get relegated into 2aa these days.

Granted without Zane, weā€™ll give it a fair shot now.

Some Dooley fella scores 15 points, might be a name to watch

1 Like

:smile:

1 Like

The SE radio boycott is daft. Itā€™s inevitable that thereā€™ll be some negative commentary especially if they donā€™t try which is what Iā€™ve taken from Bandageā€™s summary of the GG farce.

Any goodwill for Dunne and the team is long gone. Not speaking to the Echo or SE Radio is childish. Devereux is worse to allow it.

They were well organised, committed and played some decent hurling. Backs were fairly tight with only McDonald really causing them trouble. The #4 (Rigney?) totally snuffed out McGovern.

That little SeƔn Ryan chap got through a power of work in midfield and Kinsella alongside him was good too. Harry Kehoe missed three frees in the first 20 minutes and was then taken off. Chin is a bit of a highlight reel player at the moment - does a couple of spectacular things each half while his opponent hurls a lot of ball.

Joe Bergin gave Matthew Oā€™Hanlon all kinds of trouble early on and Dooley pointed an avalanche of placed balls from all angles (his only miss in injury time) and got 2 or 3 from play.

Wexford were really shit though. It turns out I may have read too much into us beating Kerry. :eek: :laughing:

McDonald was good for us. Jack Oā€™Connor was decent in midfield in the second half (Chin was moved to right half back) but Oā€™Hanlon was all at sea and given a torrid time by Bergin, as I said, and then Dooley to a lesser extent when he was moved onto him.

Our full back line was bad - Andrew Kenny spilled a long ball that was scuffed over the line for the second goal. I thought the keeper should have called for it and allowed Kenny focus on holding off the forward on the edge of the square rather than have Kenny straining back to try grab it. I still donā€™t understand why Niall Breen has never been given a proper chance in goal.

Our other backs were meh. Shore was prominent enough in the forwards but seemed to pull his hamstring in the second half when we were 5 points down and we didnā€™t win much clean possession in the air after that.

We were quite flat and seemed to lack leadership and determination.

1 Like

Wexford are really in crisis.When he was first appointed,Devereux was all about managers being moved out if he was first made chairman.Well Mr Devereux itā€™s time to ship out Liam Dunne.