With rent increasing is now the time to buy a 2nd property from the bank

Friend of mine has bought a 2 bed apartment in Stepaside. 90% mortgage will cost him and girlfriend 880 a month, they were paying 1600 a month for 2 bed about ten mins closer to city centre. It’s a joke

I’m trying to build an extension and have spoken to six builders so far. Of those only four came to look at it, two never turned up and only one came back with a price.

Cowboys ted

How are you treated under the central bank rules if you want to increase an existing mortgage on a property?
Are you still considered as a first time buyer? Do the banks view you as a “mover”?
Can you qualify for those offers like 2% back on your mortage?

Get onto pavee point. That’s not right in this day and age.

3 Likes

Tis discrimination boss. Trafflers are peoples too.

2 Likes

Good question. Not sure.

I’d say if you were FTB when you took out the mortgage initially they will continue to treat you as such

Doubt you would get the 2% back without changing mortgage provider entirely. If you are flirting with the edges of the CB rules id be slow enough to move tbh

House nextdoor to mine in Dublin 6 sold recently. 5 mins on a mortgage calculator said the mortgage repayment would be about 3-400 less a month than the rent I’m paying. If I tried to find a new place to rent I’d be looking at 2-300 more for a similar place as well.

1 Like

Any word on the others coming back with a price? I’d be hesitant about starting work with only one price returned.

Come down and give him a quote you bollox.

I wouldn’t like to screw over a decent sort like @TreatyStones. Plus I couldn’t build to save my life.

That hardly rules out a career as a builder

3 Likes

Spoke to 6 or 8 builders for renovation work we’re doing and only 2 gave us a price. Chased the others a few times and they gave us nothing. The good times are back!

1 Like

€2 a block now in limerick

What building are the cunts doing? Sure there’s hardly a house being built in the country, or are all the builders just gone?

Serious? We are back big style

Shit loads of commercial work in Cork and Dublin anyways. Assume this has hovered up a lot of the trades.

Is still plenty one off houses being built which prob makes it harder to get small jobs done anyways

$$$$$$ there hasn’t been a bricklayer or a plasterer trained since 08,they’re as scarce as hens teeth

Are we back to the labours getting €600+ yet?

I must tell the lads to come home. Jeeps and breakfast rolls for everyone

1 Like