10 Years Ago

Indeed, but there was 2 houses between it and the Farm Centre. My gran’s was the one on the Farm Centre side of the two.

Might as well be pedantic Pikeman. Its Presbyterian!

Replay

They’re all the same. Both are going to hell anyway

Twas the drawn game as far as I know. Thats why we were so annoyed. If it was the replay it wouldnt have mattered cos they bet us out the gate.

No it was the replay.

You are correct, my apologies!

Although according to this it was Alan Browne who dropped the hurl. Still dont think it would have changed the result though

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2003/0816/cork.html

Codd closed the gap to a point (1-06 to 2-02) with another pointed free but Tom Kenny set Ben O’Connor up for a superb point after breaking up a Wexford attack at the other end. Cork then scored a controversial second goal when Timmy McCarthy slotted home from close range after receiving a hand pass from Browne. However, the referee failed to notice Browne had dropped his hurley to the ground before passing to O’Connell, which should have resulted in a free-out to the Model men.

The again, it is RTE so it wouldnt surprise me if they were wrong.

The croppy who used to post here was friendly with Diarmuid O’Leary - tragedy what happened to him,

I think his father used to do the 1916 celebrations at the GPO - he would do Connollys last speech - he was brilliant at it- not sure if he still does it