1m diamond theft in Dublin

1m diamond theft in Dublin
29/01/2010 - 13:30:39
Almost 1m worth of diamonds has been stolen during an armed robbery in Dublin.

The jewellery was taken after three men forced their way into a hotel room in Ballymun at around midnight last night.

It is understood that the three men forced their way into the room of a 64-year-old man.

The man - believed to be a diamond salesman from England - was staying at the hotel in Ballymun.

They attacked him before making off with a suitcase containing what is believed to be almost 1m worth of diamonds.

The man gave chase but the raiders managed to get away.

The victim was then taken to the Mater Hospital for treatment for his injuries.

An investigation is now underway.

Itā€™s like something out of a film. Who the fuck stays in Hotel in Ballymun with 1million worth of diamonds on them.

[quote=ā€œThe Runtā€]Itā€™s like something out of a film. Who the fuck stays in Hotel in Ballymun with ā‚¬1million worth of diamonds on them.

http://ffmedia.ign.com/reviews/multimedia/snatch-farina-jones.jpg[/QUOTE]

What the fuck was he at.

I have a million euros worth of Diamonds in my briefcase so I think iā€™ll book into a hotel in Ballymun

:rolleyes:

Sounds dodgy to me

[quote=ā€œFranā€]I have a million euros worth of Diamonds in my briefcase so I think iā€™ll book into a hotel in Ballymun

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

He probably went down the Towers for a few pints and was telling them he was in the Diamond trade.

Tfk smells a rat. As Eamon Lillis would tell you this is bad news for the perpetrators. Something up for definite. I imagine this ā€˜salesmanā€™ is in for a few frank conversations when he gets home.

Someoneā€™s gonna lose their legs over this innit?..

At the very least a couple of fingers. Thatā€™s what I always think when I hear about these massive drug busts bu the cops. Some poor cunt has got his head in a vice somewhere over this.

Eamon Lillis reckons some lad was cleaning the window in a hotel room in Ballymum, the shammy slipped out of his hand and smashed this lad eight or nine times in the face. Eamon then panicked and made off with the diamonds. Being embarrassed by what his daughter would think he burnt all his clothes and lied to everyone. He subsequently came clean to his daughter while they were both watching The Thomas Crown Affairā€¦

Untrue SS
Thatā€™s nothing like how it happened
It was a shifty looking lad in a tracksuit that smashed the salesman in the face and made off with the diamonds
Eamon tried to protect the salesman and ended up unconscious on the floor.
Poor dear

Ah yeah, thatā€™s right he said an intruder broke in cos he thought his daughter might be upset that her folks were arguing. Lets hope the jury do the decent thing and acquit this innocent man of all charges.

Exactly
This sort of shit shouldnā€™t happen to nice upper middle class people like Eamon and his family
Its alright for scummers to be dealing with these shenanigans but you canā€™t expect god fearing middle class folk to remember details like what the crim looked like