2015 All Ireland Football Championship - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP

Half Time : Galway 0-9 New York 0-4

Galway 1-9 New York 0-5

Galway 2-16 New York 0-7

Full Time : Galway 2-18 New York 0-8

Galway now play Leitrim in Carrick on Shannon in 2 weeks time

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 1133475, member: 48”]Full Time : Galway 2-18 New York 0-8

Galway now play Leitrim in Carrick on Shannon in 2 weeks time[/QUOTE]
Fuck yeah

Christ he has had some careers Aussie rules to the army to the college to the states what next he must be near 30 by this stage waster

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 1133475, member: 48”]Full Time : Galway 2-18 New York 0-8

Galway now play Leitrim in Carrick on Shannon in 2 weeks time[/QUOTE]

Out of the frying pan and into the fire

What a jealous fuck you are

Up Galway.

Looked fairly warm in New York. Didn’t realise PJ Banville was now playing shtateside.

I think Galway will win Connacht.

I think Mayo are on a downward trajectory. They’ve been very lucky with injuries over the past four years and a lot of their key players will have a lot of miles on the clock in that time as well as the psychological damage they endured in that time. They still haven’t found a top class forward either.

Galway had an indifferent league campaign but they were missing a good few players in it. They’ve certainly got great talent in the forward line with the likes of Walsh, Lundy and Cummins and I’ve heard good things about the Comer lad as well as a good young midfield pairing. They’ve been poor/naive at the back anytime I’ve seen them in the past few years but I think Walsh did a good job with Sligo and will make them tougher to beat.

Roscommon are a county who not impress me, for all the relative success they have had at youth level over the past few years, it has not transferred to senior level and I would seriously question the bottle and heart of their players. They also haven’t a clue how to defend, they packed 14 players behind the ball against Armagh last year and still didn’t know how to negate them. They look to have a safe passage through to a Connacht final with only London and Sligo in the way which should mean a guaranteed last 12 spot. If they have any serious aspirations about making a breakthrough then anything else than a QF spot this year would be an unmitigated disaster.

L[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1130141, member: 180”]Tomás O Connor departed the Kildare panel last week. Word is now that he is going to transfer to Offaly. This wouldn’t be his first time to make soundings along those lines as he was all set to sign the papers 2 or 3 years ago, of course his auld fella is a former Offaly great. I wouldn’t rate O Connor greatly, but if he’s jumping ship from Kildare to Offaly it doesn’t say an awful lot about how things are going.

Brendan Murphy has once again pissed off from Carlow and looks to be off to New York for the Summer. Can you do that when you’re in the Army? Or is he still even in the Army? He’s an odd sort of fella I’d suspect.[/QUOTE]

I heard that about o Connor during the week. Seems Jason Ryan reckons he’s surplus to requirements. Id say Ryan will be surplus to requirements before the summer is out…

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1133741, member: 2514”]I think Galway will win Connacht.

I think Mayo are on a downward trajectory. They’ve been very lucky with injuries over the past four years and a lot of their key players will have a lot of miles on the clock in that time as well as the psychological damage they endured in that time. They still haven’t found a top class forward either.

Galway had an indifferent league campaign but they were missing a good few players in it. They’ve certainly got great talent in the forward line with the likes of Walsh, Lundy and Cummins and I’ve heard good things about the Comer lad as well as a good young midfield pairing. They’ve been poor/naive at the back anytime I’ve seen them in the past few years but I think Walsh did a good job with Sligo and will make them more tougher to beat.

Roscommon are a county who not impress me, for all the relative success they have had at youth level over the past few years, it has not transferred to senior level and I would seriously question the bottle and heart of their players. They also haven’t a clue how to defend, they packed 14 players behind the ball against Armagh last year and still didn’t know how to negate them. They look to have a safe passage through to a Connacht final with only London and Sligo in the way which should mean a guaranteed last 12 spot. If they have any serious aspirations about making a breakthrough then anything else than a QF spot this year would be an unmitigated disaster.[/QUOTE]

I dont know if we’ll beat mayo but we need to give them a good rattle at least. The forwards are there but not sure about the backs or if we’ll be physically able for them yet. I totally agree about Roscommon. Either way Galway or Roscommon will need to take mayo in Connaught this year or next if either team is going anywhere

[QUOTE=“blackjack, post: 1133747, member: 2811”]I dont know if we’ll beat mayo but we need to give them a good rattle at least.
[/QUOTE]
It’s Leitrim ye are playing

I’m well aware of that tdb and aware the danger our trip to Carrick poses but realistically it would be a massive setback for Galway not to get through to a tilt at mayo. Your point is well made however and I am suitably chastised!

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1133741, member: 2514”]I think Galway will win Connacht.

Galway had an indifferent league campaign but they were missing a good few players in it. They’ve certainly got great talent in the forward line with the likes of Walsh, Lundy and Cummins and I’ve heard good things about the Comer lad as well as a good young midfield pairing. They’ve been poor/naive at the back anytime I’ve seen them in the past few years but I think Walsh did a good job with Sligo and will make them tougher to beat.

Roscommon are a county who not impress me, for all the relative success they have had at youth level over the past few years, it has not transferred to senior level and I would seriously question the bottle and heart of their players. They also haven’t a clue how to defend, they packed 14 players behind the ball against Armagh last year and still didn’t know how to negate them. They look to have a safe passage through to a Connacht final with only London and Sligo in the way which should mean a guaranteed last 12 spot. If they have any serious aspirations about making a breakthrough then anything else than a QF spot this year would be an unmitigated disaster.[/QUOTE]
Mayo seemed to get worse as the league went on.

Although the championship is a different animal, I wouldn’t be putting much money on them winning Connacht again. They’ll have Roscommon at home if they get over Galway and Roscommon always fold playing them in Castlebar. But they may not get over Galway. If they do get through to a semi-final with Dublin, they’ll likely be thrashed.

[QUOTE=“blackjack, post: 1134796, member: 2811”]I’m well aware of that tdb and aware the danger our trip to Carrick poses but realistically it would be a massive setback for Galway not to get through to a tilt at mayo. Your point is well made however and I am suitably chastised!
[/QUOTE]
Your under 21s paid the price for looking too far ahead last year. I’d be delighted if all of Galway are plotting Mayo’s downfall already

This proposal seems to make the most sense of any proposed rule changes I’ve seen:

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/joe-brolly-one-simple-rule-can-rescue-gaelic-football-from-the-clonoe-conundrum-31209502.html

[QUOTE=“glasagusban, post: 1138342, member: 1533”]This proposal seems to make the most sense of any proposed rule changes I’ve seen:

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/joe-brolly-one-simple-rule-can-rescue-gaelic-football-from-the-clonoe-conundrum-31209502.html[/QUOTE]

I instantly ignore anything Brolly says

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 1138352, member: 289”]I instantly ignore anything Brolly says[/QUOTE]Except this :slight_smile: