2015 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Put then you are ignoring bargains like Coutinho, Sterling - and if the cunt can get fit Sturridge. Can and Marcovich will prove to be excellent signings also… I’m not disagreeing with the Benteke
price tag pal, but it hasn;t all been throwing the big licks about.

It is but top strikers are very much at a premium. He is a very good player and will score goals. Would take him over the likes of Llorente

I’m merely referring to their apparent content when they get a bit of a wedge to spend, with being shoved over a barrel by BPL clubs and getting rammed. They really should be looking to spend the money a little better surely.

Hopefully Benteke, Can, Markovic, Lallana, Lovren, Origi, Mario and Sturridge can all come good this season, but if it doesn’t its another one onto the scrapheap. Thats a lot of money is all I’m saying.

Could Beneteke play in a two man forward man line with Sturridge? Seems like more of a lone centre forward.

With Sturridge’s injury record that’s what Brendan will need at times…Firmino and Coutinho he has two players that can play behind Benteke - I imagine a formation of 4-3-1-1-1 being utilized with Firmino playing between Coutinho and the striker. With Can- Hendo- Milner in midfield that’s three serious workhorses. This will be the year to end all years.

I like Benteke, I think he’s a good player. And I think there’s a global shortage of star quality strikers. I think I’d prefer Bacca or Jackson Martinez though. Or Mandzukic at half the price. Liverpool probably couldn’t get either of those players but they are paying a premium in buying from an English club and buying after their Sterling “windfall.”

If Lacazette moves, it will be interesting to see his price.

You’re never gonna believe us,
You’re never gonna believe us,
You’re never gonna beliieeve uuuussss…

I think we can forget about the price of lads at this stage, it’s gone to fuck altogether

Exactly. It doesn’t seem to really matter who pays what for who.

Agreed. United will make a £15m (or €400m) loss on Di Maria and nobody seems to bat an eyelid. These cunts are mental. £30m for an unproven, 18 year old left back-good business. £12m or so for the captain of the world champions and one of the best midfielders in the world-madness and a huge gamble.

No business like showbusiness.

True, but my point was Liverpool dont really have the money the Manchester Clubs or Chelsea have to spunk around. City can sell Sterling to QPR in a few years time and it wont make a bit of difference to them (especially if FFP is about to fall to pieces). Liverpool dont have that luxury.

Vidal gone to Bayern

1 Like

Rodgers will never have to worry about where to play Sturridge or Beneteke because both of them will be injured for much of the season. Beneteke is a good striker but he is very injury prone, I think he spend a lot of last season injured. Hopefully the injury worries are behind him because what Liverpool don’t need is another striker spending most of the season injured.

He had one serious injury which kept out for a long time. I think it’s a stretch to say he is injury prone. He averaged nearly a goal every two games in a dog shit Villa team.

What about Danny Ings, guys?

What about Lambert and Borini?
Have they been shipped out yet

What about Origi, guys?

Borini is in talks with Fiorentina and Lambert is on his was to WBA

1 Like

Looked him up yesterday actually, his scoring record has been far from spectacular to date. 14 goals in 73 games fro Lille. 3 in 13 for the National team.

Benteke is a far superior player to that big lug Lukaku that Everton spent a similar fee on last year