2016 Club Championships

Senior hurling championship quarter results:

St Thomas 2-25 Portumna 4-15
Loughrea 0-16 Mullagh 0-15
Craughwell 1-20 Tommie Larkins 0-16

Intermediate Hurling championship quarter final result:

Ahascragh Fohenagh 0-15 Killimor 0-10

2 Likes

Mitchels about four or five years back now I’d say. Played for Warwickshire also briefly. An eye gouging misunderstanding slightly shortened his IC career in tan land as I understand it. Amongst other things.

That Tommys game must have been a cracker. I wonder was the blade lowered.

The St Thomas’s Game? I wasn’t there but looks like they hammered the shite our of Portumna in the first half… HT score was…

St Thomas 1-17
Portumna 2-4

Then the Portumna resurrection began with Chunky Hayes being the main man.

I think Craughwell won the other won handy enough.

Loughrea are some outfit, I guarantee the blades were lowered for that local derby.

3 Likes

Ps, for Manchester based posters, I hear oisins were up to their usual high jinks after they were knocked out of the Lancashire senior cup last Sunday. A twenty minute brawl in the station with police involved and cctv requested.

1 Like

Abbeyside 1-16
Mount Sion 3-18.
Hat trick for Evan Curran.

The same lad. Was ran out of London back in the day too. Played with Laois when he was younger too I believe.

What stage are they at now?

Group stage.

O Hara, hurling? Clonaslee or Mountrath I’m thinking.

Can’t remember. He’d be in his 40’s. Played for Laois in the late 80’s. Got the line for them a few times. Predictably.

Killyclogher beat Dromore by a point in the first semi-final yesterday evening.

Big one in Derry today with Ballinderry and Slaughtneil facing off in the semi final.

Clonoe and Coalisland throw in at 4.15 for the chance to meet Killyclogher in the Tyrone final.

Slaughtneil lead Ballinderry by 4 at HT.

Ballinderry have lost Big Enda Muldoon through injury.

The Box Office appeal of the Tyrone Club Championship.

1 Like

Preliminary quarter finals in Tipp today.

Kilruane hammered Carrick Swan
Borrisilleagh beat Burgess
Mullinahone beat Ballina

Drom currently a point up on Loughmore in the tie of the round

Fat

Can you explain to me what is a preliminary quarter final.

1 Like

Straight red for Tyrone’s S&C trainer Peter Donnelly.

Last 12 game.

Sars, Clonoulty, Killenaule and Kildangan had already qualified by topping their groups and had a bye at this stage. The 8 teams today got that far by coming 2nd in their group or coming through the divisional route. Sounds complicated I know.

Drom beat loughmore by a point.

Quarter final line up is Sars, Clonoulty, Kildangan, Killenaule, Mullinahone, Kilruane, Drom and Borrisilleagh