2016 Ulster Final - Donegal v Tyrone

He was awesome to be fair. I had started to wonder about him a bit but that was impressive.

There was a real touch of 1995 when Tyrone beat Derry about today’s game. Derry had beaten them several times over the preceding four years and Tyrone had a nightmare first half having two men sent off and were three down at half-time.

For Canavan that day, read Cavanagh today.

1 Like

Yet again the Ulster championship delivers in spades. Big win for Tyrone beating Donegal on Donegal’s terms.

1 Like

Wagon Wheel playing here now lads - unreal.

4 Likes

Enjoy the celebrations, kid.

1 Like

Absolutely gutted I’m not there. I’ve already pencilled in July 16th, 2017 as the day I’ll attend my first Ulster final since 1995, although I also said the same last year about today.

Incidentally, Tyrone haven’t lost an Ulster final at Clones since I also attended their defeat by Down on this date in 1994. They’ve won eight there since then.

1 Like

Always back Tyrone when in adverse scenarios

Terrible reaction from Donegal to the Tyrone performance in the second half.

Better team in the day edged it but it was pure constipated football. Neither team seemed willing to try anything other that push the ball around in midfield. Horrible to watch live, can’t imagine how bad it was on TV.

:grinning:

1 Like

Like I said once they moved him away from goal he changed the game giving them a platform.

Anyone who was playing inside had minimal impact on the game.

Cavanagh has still got, one of the greatest ever. Definitely the best player of the past 20 years after Canavan.

1 Like

Much craic in Tyrone last night @Nembo_Kid

I didn’t go out in the end pal. I was too drained from the game, the most absorbing and tense game since Armagh in 2005, it’s a game that will stand the test of times. I drove into Moy today, great atmosphere around the village, loads of flags and bunting out.

2 Likes