2017 All Ireland final Galway v Waterford - Pretend Galway Fans spouting shit

Mayo won the All-Ireland for Greg Maher last year.

Dublin and St. Vincent’s actually did for Kevin Heffernan. But not every county can be Dublin and not every club can be St. Vincent’s.

1 Like

he should have been gone after 5 minutes

The Galway crowd are funny. Desperately trying to find something to get worked up about re Waterford. In fairness though theres nothing. We’ve beaten ye fair and square every time we’ve met. No grievances no chips no nothing. Even here ye’re got Tuohy off, we’ve got a Gleeson off. That’s it. It all even on the grievances.

1 Like

So basically, we’ve all run out of excuses to hate each other in the run up to the final? The next few weeks could be awful boring, it wasn’t this bad when Kilkenny were winning it.

That’s it in a nutshell. No phony grievances no pretend border disputes no makey uppy history.

I changed everything about my preparation for the Championship this year.

I bought a season ticket because it would guarantee me an All Ireland Final ticket.

I consulted the GAA calendar before booking holiday breaks. I took a chance there’d be no replays.

I had a superstition about wearing county colors to matches. I ditched this when the nephews got me a present of an Azzurri polo and top. That required mental strength but I saw it through.

I had a little tradition of posting up twee photos of me getting ready for matches, posting up pictures of flasks and blaas. I ditched this tradition and focused on getting in the zone for matches.

I believed we were going to get to the All Ireland this year and acted according to my beliefs.

Don’t stop believing lads.

26 Likes

Failing to prepare = preparing to Fail. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

There’s an old Irish saying - It takes a whole county to rear a winning team.

3 Likes

I’ve given you a like for that post Fagan.

I have to admit at the start of the year I was sceptical. Thought the Derek McGrath project had run its course and that things would regress this year. The first Cork game confirmed all that in my head.

They’re coming good though. Key to it in the latter stages have been the performances of two old warriors in Moran and Brick who have both been excellent in the last couple of games. Waterford now have the enviable scenario of going into an All Ireland final as underdogs against a heavily fancied side who have never beaten them in intercounty and are reputed for their flakiness, all while being labelled as this ultra-defensive side despite the goal tally for the finalists’ last three games this year standing 9-0 in Waherfud’s favour.

You must be giddy Fagan.

Waterford have beaten fuck all to get to this final in fairness. Nothing wrong with that as it happens a lot because there are probably only three good teams in the country. I just don’t think there’s any evidence that the system works against the top teams yet

1 Like

I’m calmness personified. Zen like

I dug deep the past few days to see if there is anything that can raise my blood against you. Even as late as this morning I thought I felt a bit of bile emerging.

Then you post this.

1 Like

@anon70480284 having a clip off Gerry Mc is all you need. Fagan is not your enemy.

1 Like

How womderfully optimistic of you . You’d swear you were from a county who last year lost an all Ireland semi final replay by s puck of a ball and won an under 21 all Ireland .

Means nothing. Limerick lost an All Ireland semi final by a puck of a ball in 2014 and won an U21 in 2015.

Limerick didn’t lose in a replay and won the u21 the following year .

If @Fagan_ODowd is getting giddy as fuck I can only imagine the giddy pressure building in Waterford.

Dan Shanahan must be happy he has all the work done at this stage for his All Ireland final sideline routine and can prepare no better.

Any of the Galway lads going to Galway supporters gig night before the match.

They were a puck of a ball away from winning an All Ireland semi final in 2014 and won an U21 in 2015. You’re suggesting there’s a big difference between the scenario you outlined and the one I put forward?

The Rock will have to hone his own technique, Dan got the better of him in the semi final.