2017 All Ireland final Galway v Waterford - Pretend Galway Fans spouting shit

The Rock will have to hone his own technique, Dan got the better of him in the semi final.

What about the ticket situation in 07?

I imagine that did affect the players somewhat. Not as much as the shout, but it couldnā€™t have helped.

2 Likes

There is a huge difference . Kk underperformed in the 2014 semi and if there had been a draw we were looking at a good beating in the replay . In 2014 the Lk u 21s were beaten well by Clare in first round . Our minors had good year but most knew the likely lads from that team would take a few years to be real senior hurlers .

Its good that thereā€™ll always be some excuses for Limerick supporters to cling onto.

I am making no excuses , if anything i am being overly realistic .

I think if we can take anything from Faganā€™s post itā€™s that we havenā€™t moved away enough from twee photos of plastic cups of Heineken and Jimbob giving someone a death-stare before games.

Limerick supporters need to get more into the zone.

3 Likes

Itā€™ll be interesting to see how Galway management approach facing a decent sweeper system. They also have the added distraction of dealing with a gobby cunt on the oppositionā€™s management team. These are not things they would have encountered before.

Dan played him off the park.

No shame in losing out to a better man.

No in fairness the Rock always struggled to get the better of Dan.

Diarmuid has the three medals to console him I suppose, I enjoyed the sideshow on Sunday though

Galway have beaten Dublin, Offaly, Wexford and Tipperary.

Waterford have beaten Offaly, Kilkenny, Wexford and Cork.

3 Likes

Wexford were in much better nick when Galway faced them. Chip were chip, always hard to beat.
Waterford needed extra time to beat an ordinary KK and extra man to beat an inexperienced Cark.
Galways form line is far more impressive imo

1 Like

Galway are justifiably strong favourites.

So Offaly and Wexford are the comparators both swatted Offaly by hitting 30 plus points and both beat Wexford with a bit to spare albeit Galway a little easier .

I still think Galway will win but I wouldnā€™t be certain of it .

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=274455

1 Like

At leat those miserable Tipp cunts arenā€™t in the final

5 Likes

Iā€™ve a feeling it will be a gruesome affair.
The pitch surface in the middle third will be like Ballinasloe fair-green on an October Sunday.

Personally I think we should trust our backs and push right up on the sweeper.

6 Likes

@ChocolateMice said the same very early in the threadā€¦

Hopefully Galway pushup and mark the sweeper and open Waterford up early ā€¦ If Galway start worrying about negating Waterford instead of playing their own game, it will be a dogged afternoon.

1 Like