2017 All Ireland final Galway v Waterford - Pretend Galway Fans spouting shit

Fine wines were doing a deal on Dutch Gold that day iirc

1 Like

I wish you the very best of luck with your new lifestyle, mate.

Itā€™s great to see supporters of a team renowned for being big girlā€™s blouses actually carry that philosophy into their day to day life.

Iā€™m famously liberal and open minded and youā€™ll only receive well wishes, not ridicule, from myself.

2 Likes

Has he invited you to Guilbaudā€™s for the pre-match brunch?

1 Like

tickets sorted

ive a few spares too

2 Likes

:smile:

Remember 2007 when there wasnā€™t a ticket to be got? lol

:grin:

Happy to fix you up as always bro. Enjoy.

1 Like

Itā€™s great to see a proper hurling man get his ticket sorted early.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t even take the money for the tickets off him, the work he does at go games level at grass roots, you couldnā€™t put a figure on that.

4 Likes

1 match ban for Conor Gleeson

Personally, I would like to see him play. It would be a shame for something like this to overshadow such a wonderful occasion. I feel for the kid. I hope he continues his appeal and gets off.

Iā€™m sure a gourmand like Fagan is well aware that Gilbauds isnā€™t open on a Sunday lunchtime.

1 Like

He deliberately hit an opponent with his Hurley, when his team had built up an unassailable lead, youā€™d have to wonder,

And no, Iā€™ve never played in an all Ireland semi final.

Look, we all know that but heā€™s human and there was zero (0) danger to anyone in the incident. I personally think that helmet pulling is far more dangerous.

So do I, but he wonā€™t. Austin got off on a technicality which isnā€™t open to Conor Iā€™d imagine. Plus the gaa will always take the path of least resistance which, in this case, is fudging so Austin can play, but avoiding the potential uproar that would come from rescinding a red resulting from a clear though completely innocuous strike with the hurl.
Austin committed an equally clear and in my opinion more potentially dangerous action, but there is no way theyā€™ll ā€œpardonā€ both.
Iā€™m perfectly happy that Austin is playing, but they drove a coach and horses through the intended rules to allow it. I can only imagine what pressure was brought to bear on the ref.

2 Likes

Two wrongs donā€™t make a right mate, the helmet pulling and subsequent fudging by the GAA was a joke, both should have to sit out the final by the letter of the law, nobody is happy with that but precedents have to stand and be set

1 Like

I bow to your superior knowledge

This is the snowflake generation, all suspensions in semi finals should be only applied in the next game that isnā€™t a final. Its simply the nice thing to do. No one should ever have to suffer the (whole) consequences of their actions anymore.

2 Likes

Here, Iā€™m not disagreeing with you but just saying there is a person behind this story and his disciplinary record is beyond reproach up to this, unlike a colleague of his who is getting to play in the final. Most justice systems take previous behaviour into account, why not the GAA? It just seems some lads can do what they like and other lads canā€™t.
https://youtu.be/PyiZn7V_SBo