2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Wonder what Dublin sponsors think of them refusing to speak on camera and the loss of air time

These pre match and post match GAA interviews are a load of shite anyway, 99% of the time.

Jim Gavin and co before the game - “we’ve prepared well, it’s just about sticking to our process and making sure our system holds up. Westmeath/insert team here will make it difficult for us, they’ve a lot of good players and we’re expecting another tough game.”

Jim Gavin and co after another trouncing of Westmeath/insert team here - “obviously we’re very happy, despite the 31 point difference on the scoreboard I don’t think that’s a true reflection of the difference between the teams. It was nip and tuck for the first ten minutes before we settled down and got a few scores on the board. We stuck to our process and we’re happy with how it went. We’ve another tough game in three weeks time and we’ve no doubt Kildare/insert team here will provide a stern challenge. We may have beaten them by 25 points in our last meeting but they had a great win in their last game two weeks ago so it should be another tough match and we’re looking forward to it.”

1 Like

@Nembo_Kid, @Sidney - who can Wexford draw tomorrow?

That’s blinding logic there alright, nice use of capital letters too :rofl:

Where’s the motivation to be the likes of a Westmeath or longford or Wicklow footballer…train all year and as far as they’ll get is a trimming off Dublin in Croke Park

id say getting paid by the state to do your hobby is the main one

1 Like

Getting the shit from the local hairdresser in your provincial nightclub.

Depends if the local hairdresser knows his/her football .

Monaghan, Westmeath, Leitrim or Tipp I think

Paid by the state?

yes mate, gga players are paid money by the state

There is a splendid irony in that statement coming from a Shamrock Rovers fan .

3 Likes

Why did Dubs fans stay away? Must have lost 40-50k since last September

How much do they get paid?

LOI players arent paid by the state mate

anyway, lets stay on topic

I’m certainly not a Shanrock Rovers fan

Not about you .

Ok

In most hobbies, you pay to join a club, these guys get paid to join their teams.

No ideas about the amounts but their are lots of other benefits too such as having middling fitness levels

You are being very charitable to Westmeath