2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

:thinking:

1 Like

How did the dubs lose 50k fans in 9 months ?

2 Likes

Half Time

Armagh 0-8 Fermanagh 0-6
Cavan 0-11 Offaly 0-9

Disgusting level of gloating here from the bandwagon hopping @Matty_Hislop, who I bet has never been to a GAA match in his life. With their population and funding Dublin should handily win at least a 3 in a row, if not a 5 in a row. It would be tragic if they did though, and sully the memory of the traditional footballing counties who have achieved that milestone.

1 Like

the GGA sports arent popular in Dublin mate

think there are only 1000 adults playing hurling

Ive been to 3 all-Ireland finals in the last 4 years you fucking maniac.

+1. I know most people would be sickened to see the Dubs held in the same regard as Wexfordā€™s all conquering 1915-18 team of footballing legends.

I think he is an awful gobshite but a tweet from Colm, sorry, Wooly Parkinson made me smile

ā€œNot being allowed iterview Jim Gavin is a blessing from aboveā€

Cc @myboyblue

1 Like

I didnā€™t want to go OTT and mention hurling mate, but now that you brought it up, an utter disgrace that Dublin havenā€™t reached an AI final for over 50 years and itā€™s shoving up on a century since they won one.

Iā€™d imagine there are a lot of hurling counties with less than 1000 adult players, Offaly? Laois?

As I said, a bandwagoner.

Yet weā€™ve still won more stick hurling all-Irelands than Galway. :joy:

3 Likes

hurling must be fucked then

I wouldnā€™t call what was played back then hurling mate, from what the old lads told me growing up, it would have been just as good a spectacle without a ball. Makes sense that the gurriers would be good at it.

It is mate. There is not one decent side in the country

Tipp
Monaghan
Leitrim
Westmeath

Hurling is in a very healthy state in most traditional counties, the likes of Wexford and Cork getting competitive again is great to see, all that remains now is Limerick to return to the top table.

so after 125 years its popular in 1/4 of the country

sad

Iā€™d hate to get hammered by Westmeath for the third time this season. I think theyā€™re a very good side with Sharry, Martin and Heslin potent upfront and an unheralded but very tight defence.

1 Like

Thatā€™s always been the case, itā€™s not common for people to follow or play sports they are useless at. Hurling is a very advanced and skillful sport to play pal, unlike hoofing a football, whether round or oval.

Itā€™s no wonder hurling never caught on when you look at the footage of old games, it was dreadful.