2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Armagh 6 up and Eoin Donnelly just sent off for Fermanagh. They should see it out now but a reoccuring theme during the league was dropping points in games they looked pretty comfortable in at the death.

Cavan 7 up against Offaly.

Hopefully neither side are drawn to meet Monaghan in the next round.

1 Like

This sums up the appalling state of Gaelic. A team that just got spanked are in turn intimidating another county. I used to think the championship needed two tiers, itā€™s clear now it needs three.

New York, 2017 Div 1 Feile na Nog winners. :tada:

2 Likes

A home game against our great Division 4 rivals Leitrim would be first choice. It will obvioulsy be Monaghan away though, cue a thousand Banty articles

the lack of tactics turn me off tbh, you are 50 years behind most sports in terms of tactical developments

Caught on? Hurling has been played in Ireland for 3000 years - Large numbers have given up their culture in favour British culture, but hurling still hangs on. Football is a made up game with hurling rules used to tempt the lost souls back to an Irish way of life.

3 Likes

Itā€™d be nice to get someone in Wexford Park on a lovely sunny evening.

Their

the LFC fan has got it wrong

Shinty was the sport played 3000 years ago

the game played in munster was invented by british landlords

1 Like

Stick hurling is only taken seriously in a handful of counties around Tipperary.

Half the country doesnā€™t even have a proper stick hurling championship.

I read that Brendan Murphy was sent off again today. If true he must be a bit thick.

Tactics have ruined other sports, but hurling is the one game where ability always wins out. Gaelic used to be an enjoyable game to watch before defensive tactics emerged. Most association football games are appallingly boring. Hurling is rarely boring, especially at club level.

How would you know when you only leave Dublin once a year for your pilgrimage to Fanore?

Cavan 1-17 Offaly 0-16. FT.
Armagh 0-20 Fermanagh 0-11. FT.

Funny you should mention that. I always thought Clare was one of the few places in Ireland that liked stick hurling.

But west Clare is all football, the locals have no time at all for it.

Stick hurling is even more unpopular than I thought.

1 Like

Good win for Armagh in the end.

Iā€™d say Wee Pete will call in a day with Fermanagh now. Theyā€™ve lost a few important players in the past few years, heā€™s done very well with them overall. I can only see them slide back when he does go.

2 Likes

if its enjoyable to watch then why is it so unpopular?

Theyā€™re waiting to see who their home county, Mayo get in the qualifiers.

2 Likes

You are either a simpleton or doing a good impersonation of one. Inagh, Kilmaley, Kilnamona and Ballyea are all in west Clare. It is true thereā€™s isnā€™t much hurling along the coast.

Itā€™s a hard game for simpletons and people who havenā€™t played it to appreciate. Elite athletes from other sports would, as they at least recognize the skill and bravery involved. Hurling is war basically, not much support for that either.

1 Like