2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Stick hurling is not popular in Dublin, and that’s despite the GGA pouring money into the place. The GGA have had coaches paid for in the schools now for decades and even the economic migration of all those muldoons in the 60s hasn’t made much difference.

Soccer still is the undisputed number 1 sport in Dublin. Gaelic and rugby next and pretty much tied. You will see people in Dublin wearing soccer or rugby jerseys, pubs prioritise soccer or rugby. Kids on greens or roads are still mostly playing soccer with far more rugby balls floating about that 20 years ago.

The kids playing with hurls were always dragged out by their dad, probably some Cork lad settled up here.

I’ve posted it before but I doubt it scratches the top 5 sports in Dublin.

1 Like

You think they’d be glad to see their sport grow.

Not even top 10

It has often made a little headway into west clare but interest usually returns to football after a few years,

Where is it actually followed. Tipp and Kilkenny ?

Just kilkenny mostly I’d say

If both as you would expect win their provincial finals, they can’t meet in the final, only the semi final.

So

Pointless post

They can meet in the final

Pointess?

It was strange in commentary last night the way Marty and Tom/Tommy were calling Connaire Conor.

:smiley:

Draw prediction:

Tipp v Armagh
Leitrim v Cavan
Monaghan v Wexford
Westmeath v Carlow

Tragically, Tyrone cannot meet Dublin in the All-Ireland final as both teams are on the B side of the draw regardless of future results.

Personally I think this is both an anti-Ulster and an anti-Dublin conspiracy rolled into one.

1 Like

That’s a serious clamping for @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

I think it was an understandable and minor error on his part and the correction was in the spirit of shared knowledge rather than an attack on the posters character or knowledge - the A and B qualifier system is labyrynthine and only sad fucks with a lot of time on their hands such as myself have taken the trouble to actually do out the permutations as to which teams cannot meet each other.

1 Like

Monaghan v Armagh
Cavan v Tipperary
Wexford v Westmeath
Leitrim v Carlow

Real dublin gaa fans want nothing to do with their hurling all irelands, i think out of all the hurlers that won medals maybe 2 iirc were from dublin. But do we have any real dublin gaa fans on here, not just jumped up bandwagoners? spidey, anyone else?

1 Like

Dublin’s hurling supporters are very knowledgeable …

2 sweepers behind the full back line?

cc @Fagan_ODowd

The irony is that the Galway people on here who are most bitter about Dublin and try to portray Dublin supporters as “bandwagoners” are the very ones who attend no matches themselves.

How many GAA matches have you attended in, say, the last two years?

3 Likes