2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Our state has ignored all common sense theory to having a sustainable national spatial strategy . Ergo we have a capital city with 25 % of the population . This presents all sorts of problems .

I don’t have to reach very far to reel you in, pal, that’s for sure.

Some do and others don’t . Most Dublin hurling supporters are members of clubs and would go to games after Dublin get knocked out.

The state might have adopted a better spatial strategy if rural areas didn’t keep voting for generations of useless Fianna Fail and Fine Gael politicians who are more interested in overturning drink driving laws than actually implementing national policies that might improve planning in their areas.

Strange how a lot of rural posters appear to be very big into a culture of “personal responsibility” yet are extremely quick to pass any responsibility for the parlous state of rural areas away from themselves.

They’re generally also the first to scarper away from these areas rather than stick around and try to do anything for their local communities.

So, if Dublin is too dominant for your liking, well, you know who to blame - yourselves.

I blame the whole political apparatus in this state who go native when they hit the capital and get power .

Scum the lot of them .

@Sidney hasn’t a blessed notion beyond what he sees on de telly

I think you’re an awful gobshite too

Going by that logic Galways football All Irelands of 98 and 2001 should have an an asterix beside them as their manager was a Mayo man. Niall Mcinerney was From.Clare so that taints Galways 1980 hurling win.

2 Likes

He is.

In other news Dessie Dolan was inducted into the Leinster Football Hall of Fame yesterday. The Hall of Fame is going a few iirc. Who the fuck made this decision?

Dublin had an average crowd of 25k at home league matches this year so calling them bandwagoners is frankly ridiculous. 33k was a decent turnout today considering the nature of the game. When Leinster was competitive in the noughies there would regularly be 50k at first round games.

1 Like

They said on NT yesterday that Dublin Westmeath had 82k for a Leinster semi relatively recently. Can’t recall the year

I repeat, Dublin never won anything on their own steam

They have won 4 of the last 6 football All Irelands. I wouldn’t expect you to notice. Galway lads won’t go and watch their own teams play. Never mind pay any heed to matches they are not involved in.

1 Like

Ah Binky, you poor creature, you’re not the quickest. Read back the conversation. This is about hurling and at this stage probably getting a little too advanced for you. Toddle off now before you embarrass yourself further.

Read the title of the thread you are posting on, you absolute fucking numpty.

1 Like

Gavin’s stand is very hard to understand. Did he honestly think that there should be no comment, based on the rules, on The Sunday Game? Was he as put out when Joe Brolly tried to use his influence on Twitter to drive the Dublin defence.

They’ve lost any high moral ground that they could have claimed from Connolly accepting his punishment for once.

An utter cunt of man.

2 Likes

I give up, you’re hopeless

Another White flag from Galway.

1 Like

When you’re beating someone senseless and you decide to stop, its not waving a white flag, just being humane. Away with ya now lad and consider yourself lucky!

Monaghan v Wexford - The Vengence of the Banty.