2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Are we at home?

Farney Army will be making the trek to the sunny SE.

1 Like

Yes.

It’ll be a lovely day out for you and your life partner.

When your explaining your losing.

Westmeath v Armagh
Cavan v Tipp
Wexford v Monaghan
Carlow v Leitrim

Cavan v Tipp looks a great fixture.

No it’s in Wexford mate

I’m a Dub pal.

Armagh
Cavan
Monaghan
Carlow

Probably the most evenly matched tie. Cavan should win if Quinlavin is ruled out.

Galway hurlers are notorious for their poor support.

When Dublin destroyed them in the 2011 and 2013 championships, Galway barely had 10% of the support at either match despite much talk about them being considered All-Ireland contenders.

Similarly, they were by far the least supported of the four teams involved when they were part of the same double-bills as the Dublin hurlers in Thurles in the quarter-finals in 2009, 2011 and 2015.

They’re like Cork football supporters in this regard - although in fairness to the Cork football supporters, at least they generally turn up in numbers for their annual thrashing by Kerry.

2 Likes

Is that annual thrashing by Kerry on at the weekend?

It is. 2pm next Sunday. Strangely enough, I have a feeling it won’t be a thrashing. Actually I took poetic licence there. Cork are generally very competitive in Killarney without winning - in fact I can only remember them being on the wrong end of a thrashing there once.

I take it you weren’t in Tullamore a few weeks ago when we tore ye a new one! :joy:

The written word generally isn’t a visual form, but you can actually see the gormlessness dripping out of the above post. Amazing stuff.

Thank you.

Sure why would we go to dumps like Thurles and Croker when it’s on the tv. Galway’s a great spot. You should get out of Dublin and head down to see why everyone stays.

2 Likes

A hardened Mayo will ambush Kerry in AI QF . They will then beat Galway in semi . Dublin will beat them in final .

Is it? Never been there, mate.

1 Like