2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Are these games not on July 29th?

1 Like

I assumed these matches were Saturday. I apologise if I’m wrong

Apology accepted on behalf of the forum.

1 Like

You couldn’t. It’s a nonsensical statement

So you’re saying Kev was talking nonsense and should not be held accountable for it.

Yes, Kev’s statement was nonsensical.

Yes it’s a nonsense statement but it also doesn’t mean that they will win by 8 points. There are many examples of teams that are better than their opponent but lose on the day

He said there was a huge gulf between the sides and put it at 8 points (minimum). I called him out on that and he shit his pants. Odd your defence of him despite admitting he was talking nonsense. What other relevance had his 8 points better team remark? What was the purpose of it?

1 Like

It was to show his opinion that Kildare are way better than Armagh. For example, do you think that Galway are better than Roscommon?

A loss is sometimes better than a draw.

What relevance had his 8 points (minimum) remark?

He was definitively setting a gulf between the sides. It’s very relevant. Odd you’re trying to rationalise a comment from a guy you admit is talking nonsense. I would call that a contradiction.

Kildare’s naivety yesterday was incredible.

Cian O’Neill was interviewed yesterday morning* on the radio and said no team could go man to man with Dublin.

Kildare did exactly that.

*Two weeks ago.

He actually said that they’re 8 points a better team unless Armagh batten down the hatches. That’s his way out of the bet you are trying to make

No. He definitively said Kildare were an 8 points (minimum) better side. He clearly has no conviction in that claim. All I asked him to do was back it up but it’s obviously pure bravado, with zero substance.

He said “Armagh may batten down the hatches to save a hammering”. You cannot deny this although I’m sure you’ll try

Jesus yer gas fucking cunts all the same

2 Likes

@thedancingbaby, you’re right and my apologies for misleading the forum. Only provincial final repeat ties are avoided at the quarter final stage so there could be a draw for the quarter final matches depending on who wins these final qualifier round games.

A Tyrone v Armagh/Dublin v Down double bill would be incredible.

My three favourite counties, and Dublin.

I also like Monaghan so a Dublin v Armagh/Tyrone v Monaghan double bill would also be brilliant.

You must have a seriously deformed hand. 9 clubs across those 3 counties per the Ulster rugby website.

4 Likes

Was it @GeoffreyBoycott or @Tim_Riggins who talked about the growth of rugby with catholics in the North and across the 9 counties as a whole? I’m sure I read it on here.