2017 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Anthony “Soul Glo” Finnerty.

I think they do. Not a great deal between the four sides. Dublin are obviously the best, Kerry are the weakest for me but are poxy so you couldn’t rule them out.

The Championship meetings between the four sides show there’s not a massive deal between them so only a total idiot (eg @caoimhaoin) would completely discount one side

3 Likes

You compketely dismissed Kerry last year

Is Walsh out for the replay? And M Geaney ? Cc @caoimhaoin

It was a savage game. I think Kerry will win the replay. Way more capacitty to improve. JoD will come on for that if he’s not broken. No way Moran scores 1-5 again and CoC won’t score 3 from play the next day. Mayo look stronger and fitter but they’re just not winners and Kerry have much better finishers.

I was under the impression he was gone for a good while. And was told similar today but can’t be sure to be honest.

Classic case of not realise how effective someone was till they are gone.

Kerrys preparation comtinues to be a question for me.

I did a bit of research for an article should them and Dublin meet and the injury records are stark. Dublin are pretty much always full strength bar Killkennys injury and a few niggles here and there.

Kerry are forever under Fitzmaurice playing undercooked players. JOD and Maher the most significant.

Hamstring injury so I doubt he’ll be back in time for the replay.

I didn’t hear a single commentator that thought it worked a treat. I watched with a mate who is a decent club player and he thought it was mad.

I do see the extent to which it worked, that you’ve pointed out. But I don’t believe it was worth the trade off.

Stats don’t lie.

Well, in this case they don’t tell the full picture because it did have limited success as Kev pointed out.

Thats a completely legit thought process and easily arguable.

Maybe we find out the thinking if Mayo win the AI

Like I said I can see both sides. For me, I don’t think it was worth the trade off. Mayo management made a big call and have done so in the past. The temptation for them will be to double down, hope they eke out another point or two elsewhere, and cross their fingers that they’ll be vindicated. I think the bigger call would be move O’Shea to midfield and back him to dominate (and admit they got it wrong the last day).

1 Like

Maybe.
But i questioned Derek McGrath not backing down a bit with tactics etc.

He was right.

Maybe Rochford will be the same

1 Like

When you look at kerry spine yesterday …griffin,morley,moran,maher,geaney,donaghy…how many of them would get into other teams?
Only thing i can see them doing is put Donaghy out to play around centre forward and leave the two lads play inside. .drop a lad back between Morley and griffin and block up the whole defence…yesterday as bad a full back line were, they were hung out to dry by the half back line…

I can’t believe they have fixed this for 3pm??? Bastards. Cunts. Scrotes.

They need to go to the 2014 13 man defensive model

Jack Savage made little impression. He had a fair few possessions but did very little of note with with any of them and almost always just gave a safe handpass to somebody else.

Did they say why? 5pm Saturday would make much more sense.

Was it him who nearly got dispossessed for the last Kerry point? Took it into a tackle, coughed it up but then dived and tipped the ball back to Donaghy who ballooned a point attempt up in the air. “The fuckers will probably still get a point from it*”, I said to my auld lad as the ball was emerging from the clouds. And so they did with Geaney retrieving it and setting up Paul Murphy for the score.

*commentator’s eye. I’d normally use the word “cunts” but my auld lad doesn’t like that crude word.

2 Likes