2017 GAA National Football League (AKA Kerry's stroll to yet more silverware)

Eir/Setanta seem to pick a particular county from Div 2/3 and show all their home games of one season. Armagh have been on quite a bit for the last couple of seasons.

I canā€™t wait till we smash the Rossies at the weekend.

Laois were a bizarre choice, given the D3 status and current rebuilding. Perhaps its the ease of access to, and quality of lighting in, OMP.

1 Like

If they are home to both Armagh and Tipp then they will probably be decent games to screen live.

Think Armagh should go up this year, very young looking squad and a few important players to return later on, Iā€™d expect them to make a big push at an U21 Ulster this year.

Yea, Iā€™d imagine itā€™ll be Armagh and Tipperary to go up. Louth could be in with a shout, depending on tomorrow nights game. Weā€™ve a very callow side out and I canā€™t see them being ready for the cut and thrust needed for some of the games coming up.

Have Tipp many back from last year. Acheson is away I think which is a big blow for them, is Oā€™Brien back?

Will Louth take ye tomorrow night?

Iā€™d be surprised if they donā€™t. Laois have 4 debutants, and are missing the lads I listed above. I have no idea how good Louth are, but if you want to use the OBC as a formline, Laois lost to Meath, and Louth beat Meath. Laois have lost players since that game as well.

However I live in hope. Not much mind you.

1 Like

Presume theyā€™d show Division 1 or 2 games if the fixtures/facilities allowed it. Thereā€™s a limited amount of teams with decent floodlights and the ability to host Saturday night games. Itā€™d be odd if theyā€™d selected Division 3 games to show ahead of the upper divisions if it was a straight choice.

Louth are 9/4

Seems odd. Iā€™d have a sniff of that if I were you. But still, it is Fortress O Moore Park.

CAVAN (NFL v Dublin): J Farrelly; F Reilly, P Faulkner, K Brady; M Reilly, C Moynagh, J McCutcheon; K Clarke, R Dunne; C Brady, D McVeety, G Smith; N Clerkin, N McDermott, S Johnston.

MEATH (NFL v Kildare): J Hannigan; D Keogan, C McGill, M Burke; B Power, S McEntee, A Forde; C Oā€™Brien, B Menton; C Oā€™Sullivan, G Reilly, P Kennelly; E Wallace, B Sheridan, D Lenihan.

KILDARE (NFL): M Donnellan; M Oā€™Grady, D Hyland, O Lyons; J Byrne, E Doyle, K Cribbin; K Feely, T Moolick; F Conway, N Kelly, P Cribbin; N Flynn, D Flynn, B McCormack.

MONAGHAN (NFL v Mayo): R Beggan; F Kelly, D Wylie, R Wylie; C Walsh, N McAdam, K Duffy; D Hughes, K Hughes; K Oā€™Connell, S Carey, G Doogan; C McCarthy, T Kerr, C McManus.

TYRONE (NFL v Roscommon): M Oā€™Neill; P Hampsey, R McNamee, C McCarron; T McCann, M Donnelly, J Monroe; C Cavanagh, P McNulty; C Meyler, N Sludden, P Harte; D McCurry, C McShane, R Oā€™Neill.

ROSCOMMON (NFL): C Lavin; D Murray, T Featherston, N McInerney; R Stack, S Mullooly, C Devaney; K Higgins, T Oā€™Rourke; N Daly, S McDermott, E Smith; D Smith, U Harney, C Murtagh.

GALWAY (NFL v Cork): R Lavelle; D Kyne, D Walsh, L Burke; G Oā€™Donnell, G Bradshaw, J Heaney; P Conroy, F Ɠ Curraoin; T Flynn, D Comer, E Brannigan; D Cummins, B McHugh, S Armstrong.

LAOIS (NFL v Louth): G Brody; A Farrell, D Booth, J Kelly; S Attride, E Buggie, C Begley; K Meaney, D Strong; D Luttrell, A Doran, N Donoher; E Lowry, D Kingston, D Conway.

ARMAGH (NFL v Sligo): M McNeice; M Shields, C Vernon, A McKay; A Forker, N Rowland, C Higgins; S Sheridan, B Crealey; A Duffy, C White, S Campbell; O Oā€™Neill, E Rafferty, O Mac ƍomhair.

DERRY (NFL v Clare): T Mallon; N Keenan, C Nevin, R Murphy; N Forester, M McEvoy, M Craig; C McAtamney, J Kielt; E Lynn, N Loughlin, C McWilliams; M Lynch, E McGuckin, B Heron.

1 Like

What kind of a team are the Dubs putting out the weekend, weak enough? -3 v Cavan @ 10/11 seems tasty

Iā€™m sure they will have a press conference to reveal all. All in good time. Jim has to stick to ā€œthe processā€ mate

A very young Donegal side out this weekend.

Think of the outfield players, 9 of them are 23 or under.

The O Hanlonā€™s bare the shit of the whole of Laois that day !!

I believe that Paul Brennan lad was poached from Leitrim.

@thedancingbaby @Massey @anon67715551 @farmerinthecity

Will he survive the cut and thrust of Ulster Championship football?

Unsure of whether he was poached or not mate but he did transfer to Bundoran from Melvin Gaels a couple of years back.

I couldnā€™t care less whether he can hack it or not.

Is he pretty shit?

Not a bad player at all.

Courseā€™ he will. Heā€™s a hardy enough buck with a bit of football to him.

Ulster ā€œfootballā€ is in terminal decline in any event (as you well know) so no need for Brennan to panic yet.

Heā€™ll probably come sloping back when the project implodes.

Best of luck against those horrible bastards the weekend btw. Iā€™m expecting a forensic analysis of the Rossies from first hand evidence from you in due course.