2017 Georgia v Ireland - Ireland v Serbia - World Cup Qualifiers

Not a soccer man and wouldnt dare get involved with the tactical discussion but i hope the Eire lads for their sake have been practicing their kicking in training this week.

I expect the O’Neill backlash this evening. His sides always seem to have a response in them when it comes to criticism and disappointing results.

1 Like

Do you think that’s coming from the players, as O’Neill doesn’t set up teams for those reactions? What team would you pick Nembo?

I think O’Neill is very good at getting a reaction from his players when their backs are against the wall. You can usually tell when a performance is coming by his tone in the pre match interview. If he’s particularly abrasive and spikey then it bodes well, generally.

Get Tony to rile him up nicely so.

He’s well riled up before now. TBH he’ll have been seething since Saturday. @Nembo_Kid is on the money here.

McGeady’s out with his hamstring injury but Hoolahan is available to play despite his groin problem.

To be honest this game is made for Celtic’s Jonny Hayes.

1 Like

Any word on Aaron Bolger getting the nod guys?

McGeady is a huge loss. Our best player.

What do you think, chaps?

Last time Ireland and O’Neill were on the back foot to such an extent was after the hammering from Belgium in the Euros and he changed the team fairly dramatically for the next game against Italy.

He’s more restricted on this occasion due to several midfield absentees and McGeady has added to that. Long and Walters both looked absolutely fucked by the end on Saturday too.

I’m guessing the keeper and back four will be unchanged unless he decides to be more adventurous and play Robbie Brady left back.

Ideally there’d be a midfield shake up but the alternatives are hardly mouthwatering. Meyler as a lynchpin type and Hoolahan for creativity/passing are probably the only starting options. I see Horgan, Hayes, O’Dowda and Hourihane as impact subs really.

He might also start Slab and give Walters and Long a piece of the game each.

Slab, Meyler and Wes in and we will destroy the bastards — I’d hold Long until the last 20 mins or so if we need him at all.

Long, Whelan and who else out?

He certainly livened up things last Saturday night .

I missed saturday’s game cos I was off snowflaking so I’ve no frame of reference for the performance unfortunately. In this scenario it’s only right to fall back on patriotic optimism (cooooome on ta fuck!) and gambling. Ireland to win and Brady anytime @ 9s

1 Like

I think Serbia will win 2-0. This Irish team and squad looks dogshit.

But I hope to be taking a kicking from all comers later on tonight as regards this prediction.

I think Ireland are going to win tonight 3-1.

We’re fucked…

Myself, @anon26343222 @Bawny and @chops91 signing in from the south upper section HON TO FUCK!!!

1 Like

Draw is the best we can hope for tonight I fear. 1-1.

You made RTE walking in to the stadium…

1 Like