2017 Georgia v Ireland - Ireland v Serbia - World Cup Qualifiers

Good few midfield absentees.

I presume it will be Arter Whelan and Brady getting the central positions with McClean and Walters starting out wide.

1 Like

Hendrick is not ruled out of the Serbia game yet apparently. Hard to believe heā€™d be able to start that though if he canā€™t make the first game.

Will Keane has declared for us. Not sure heā€™ll be any addition?

Walters struggling for fitness as well apparently.

Iā€™d start Brady on the right inspired by his display there for Burnley Sunday. Maybe go 442 with Long and Walters up front and Slab to come on

Seems like heā€™ll be good to go on Saturday.

Walters and Oā€™Shea took a full part in training this morning.

McGoldrick hasnā€™t travelled due to personal reasons. Heā€™s shown a couple of flashes of ability when heā€™s featured but doesnā€™t seem like the most reliable chap.

Oā€™Neill press conference is on live now.

MON saying:
ā€œMcGeady was as fit as heā€™s ever been when he scored here the last time. And heā€™s back in that shape and in good form and looks very fit again, but whether he starts or notā€¦ (sounds like he wonā€™t be starting anyway).ā€

ā€œNo friendlies before this round of qualifiers so a couple of players who havenā€™t played much yet. Some players take a little bit longer to get up to fitness. Others can get ready quicker. Hoping the likes of Shane Long is feeling fresh because he hasnā€™t played much but heā€™s still important for us. Would prefer players had completed 90 minutes but thatā€™s not always the case.ā€

Asked a couple of times if McGeady is important against Georgia because of how well he has done against them before and if heā€™ll be influenced by those past performances. And now my feed has cut out.

Thatā€™s a terribly boring update but there you go anyway.

Iā€™m nodding in agreement at your last line mate.

1 Like

Iā€™m home alone for the game tomorrow and must buy some confectionary treats for myself.

cc @thedancingbaby.

Iā€™m home alone myself mate and iā€™ve a steak and kidney pie and a couple of ales at the readyā€¦ 5pm kick off? - Are there any high profile clashes from other groups on after it? and if so, what are they?

Just saw the FAIā€™s photos of the team training in Tbilisi on twitter.

Just look at them here. What a great bunch of lads.

5 Likes

You could plump for Wales-Austria in our own group at 7.45pm or Spain-Italy at the same time.

1 Like

Here Robbie, Josh thinks the Deise have a chance on Sunday

Whatā€™s everyone thinking for later?

Randolph;
Christie, Duffy, Clark, Ward;
Arter, Whelan;
Walters, Brady, McClean;
Long,

Sounds good.

With Hendrick & McCarthy, it pretty much picks itself tbh unless he were to opt for McGeady. McGeady/Hoolahan/Murphy as subs, I suppose.

Would seem most likely alright. Iā€™ve a bad feeling about this one.

Is this an important game for Ireland?

Iā€™ll be joining some Italian chums for Italy v Spain at 7:45 this evening.

1 Like