2017 Ulster Senior Football Championships kindly sponsored by Cicero_Dandi

It was a very hot day.

There is nothing like traffic jams, cans and the smell of burger vans in the stifling, dead inland heat of drumlin country.

2 Likes

Photos ??

How is the Busted Sofa going these days ?

1 Like

I didn’t bring a sofa to the Ulster final.

There is a pub in clones called the busted sofa .

Up to the fifties Clones was a bustling town as it was a big railway centre .

Ooooft

2 Likes

The prophet.

And the profit

8 Likes

Really hope it’s Tyrone vs Armagh

1 Like

That was a great post by me

2 Likes

8 of the 9 ulster sides in the 2017 all Ireland football championship were beaten by 8 points or more in championship. Cannon fodder.

2 Likes

Urbs antiqua fuit - there was an ancient city which, 'tis said, Juno loved above all the lands. And it was the goddess’s aim and cherished hope that here should be the capital of all nations-should the fates perchance allow that. Yet in truth she discovered that a race was springing from Trojan blood to overthrow some day these Tyrian towers - a people late regem belloque superbum - kings of broad realms and proud in war who would come forth for Libya’s downfall
Doire AbĂș (Not right away maybe)

1 Like

3 of those results were inflicted by fellow Ulster teams and two of them by All Ireland Champions Dublin. One of those games was a draw and went to extra time against All Ireland runners up Mayo.

Ulster teams had the best record in the football qualifiers last year, as usual.

2 Likes

We all know the value of a draw if you subsequently get beaten

7 Likes

I’m just adding context to the claims being made. Ulster sides won 11 games through the qualifiers, Munster sides won 2, Connacht sides won 5, Leinster 6.

You’re celebrating mediocrity again pal.

1 Like

You smashed that

1 Like

I’m not celebrating anything. I’m presenting facts. Ulster is the toughest province to come through.

It wasn’t a claim mate it’s fact. 8 Ulster sides were humiliated last year in the championship.

And they did better than all the other provinces.

5 Munster teams won 2 games in the qualifiers.
8 Ulster teams won 11 games in the qualifiers.

1 Like

One county in munster take football seriously. 9 counties in ulster take football seriously.

Which is why the Munster Championship is shit and the Ulster Championship is the best.

You’ve covered it yourself, it’s no wonder Kerry do so well when they have an automatic path through to the last 8 every year.

1 Like