2017 Ulster Senior Football Championships kindly sponsored by Cicero_Dandi

I was responding to a post that was using divisional status to hype up Munster football.

Why can’t you report thing accurately and in context? Why do you want to paint a false picture for fellow forumites?

I warned you not to comment on Ulster football as you have a poor understanding of it, your chickens came home to roost today.

Ooooft.

Nembo likes to nail things down.

9 points, and a late goal. Deary me.

@Nembo_Kid when was the last time a county other than Tyrone Monaghan or Donegal contested an Ulster Final ? Down 5 or 6 years ago maybe ?

Down in 2012.

1 Like

I don’t care what you warn me about dipshit.

I’ll comment where I want. I was bug enough to come on here and say Tyrone were the better team today.

You’ve used league status as a selective statistic the try and champion Ulster sides in the past. You’ve also used the number of Ulster teams in the All Ireland quarter finals until that but you in the sense last year.

Now we’ll have you back tracking in the close finishes in the Ulster Championship.

Big enough to state the blatantly obvious?

Well done on that.

I’ve used the statistics that clearly point to Ulster being the most formidable provincial Championship about. Be it league or AI QF finals, both reflect convincingly of the depth of Ulster and their success.

Those Donegal lads will learn a lot from today, a lot of young lads thrown in when it was sink or swim and they sank. I think some people read too much into the league and Championship is a different animal. Donegal’s tactics were what you were crying out for today and it played right into Tyrone’s hands. They tried to do things too quickly and Tyrone turned them over again and again. Gallagher got it spot on last year and very nearly got the result out of it.

Most likely Monaghan the next day and Tyrone are the top dogs in Ulster until we’re knocked off that perch. I think Monaghan will struggle around the middle of the pitch against Tyrone like Donegal did today. If Tyrone keep tabs on McManus then I think we will win.

You’ve cherry picked stats and disregarded those that didn’t suit your argument, even to the point where you’ve discounted draws should a team lose the replay.

If Tyrone play like they did today then Monaghan wint get within fives points of them.

I haven’t cherry picked stats. All the stats point to the same thing.

Best gga performance in years by Tyrone

2 Likes

The audit trail diesnt lie.

Thankfully the audit trail is my friend and your enemy.

1 Like

A nice welcome to the game for McManus and Corey there

Down with a spectacular simultaneous double hit on Conor McManus and Vinny Corey.

Down are going to win.

All Monaghan here but still scoreless after 6 minutes

Kieran Hughes absolutely lording it in midfield. Winning everything

Monaghan hitting wides for fun.

Blatant dive by Beggan there

Protestants are more thrifty and economical than Catholics and Ryan Wylie shows his wasteful Popish team-mates how it’s done.

Immediate reply from Connaire Harrison but Darren Cues has Monaghan 2-1 in front.