2017 Ulster Senior Football Championships kindly sponsored by Cicero_Dandi

Nicholas Cage is very popular in the North.

1 Like

In 1991 Down beat Armagh in the first round of the Ulster championship in Newry.
They then won the Ulster semi-final in the Athletic Grounds.
They then went on to face the reigning Ulster Champions in the final.

History is beginning to echo.

ā€œIt was a penalty, it would have been a free out the field. But eh, it was dodgy enough.ā€

• Ciaran Whelan, mong.
5 Likes

What a job Eamon Burns has done.

:clap:

1 Like

The Jeremy Corbyn of Ulster football management.

Incidentally, itā€™s an all-wee six final for the first time since 2009, and a first wee six blockbuster final for the first time since 2005.

1 Like

I didnā€™t know that Jacqui Hurley was up the stick

Boycott will be livid

I would have gone to the Ulster Final if Monaghan won today. But I might check the logistics of attending the final anyway after that fantastic match (cc @GeoffreyBoycott).

Great performance from Down. Monaghan only came back into it when the replacement ref started giving them softs frees.

Neither did she

Dublin and Meath were beating ten shades of shit out of each other at the same time. Mickey Linden put on a masteclass in the semi

Jacquiā€™s improving all the time as a sport broadcaster. She was good on the Euro 2016 highlights show last summer and she was enthusiastic, probing and informed tonight. Much better than Lyster or Cahill anyway.

2 Likes

Why would I be livid? Iā€™m from the United Kingdom as well. Great to see the UK sides back at a level where they are able to compete against the Eire sides again after the Donegal/Monaghan domination of recent years.

1 Like

I havenā€™t attended an Ulster final since attending three in a row from 1993 to 1995 and was disgusted with myself that I didnā€™t attend last yearā€™s Tyrone v Donegal epic.

I vowed then that I would put that right this year and I will.

1 Like

We will learn more when we see the defeated Ulster teams perform in the qualifiers . Thus far Antrim lost to Sligo .So we will see how things go . Tonight was a good game but we will see in the coming weeks where Ulster football stands .

Down are all swagger jagger. BBC coverage was class. Marty and Oisin duking away after the game.

1 Like

What logistics are they? The Sunday lunch menu beforehand in your life partner folks house?

Stop prying into his personal life

Why are you sticking your noes into a discussion between myself and @Bandage into the difficulty of sorting out the logistics of attending sporting events?

Send him a private message if you want to keep it private