2018/19 McKenna Cup

McLaughlin struggling on Clarke.

Game of the year so far. Crackling atmosphere for the final of the world’s greatest GAA pre-season competition.

Where else would you get it?

1 Like

A Grimley free makes it 0-05 to 0-02.

Lovely point from Cathal McShane there, nice feint and cuts in to point from close range with his left

Brilliant defending from Liam Rafferty there, not the biggest in stature but he’s very quick and brave.

McShane has the potential to be a top, top player this year.

He was still a bit raw last year but his potential was obvious - never afraid to take responsibility.

Lovely point from Sludden.

0-05 to 0-04

His decision making has been his downfall in his career so far. He has looked more composed in this game and not taking wild pot shots from everywhere.

Beautiful run and double feint, taking out two defenders - reminiscent of Mugsy at his best.

Another year and more experience built up will do him the world of good.

McLaughlin is getting rinsed by Clarke.

Hopefully so, he’s got the football and athleticism in him but he’d have you pulling your hair out at times with his decision making.

Tyrone purring nicely now.

Another lovely score from Sludden.

Conall McCann could be another player lucky to keep his place in the squad.

McClure having a very good game.

There was very little in that free for Clarke, thought McLaughlin recovered well tehre.

That’s a very stylish red body warmer being sported by the Tyrone number 2. I must get one of those and put it under my 1974 FA Cup Final replica Liverpool tracksuit top for my occasional winter runs.

1 Like

McQuillan giving frees for touching players at both end of the pitch, very tough on the defenders.

Yeasssssssssssss!!!

Thought Sludden made the most of that. But as they say, if the defender gives you the excuse to go down, go down.