2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

You’d fancy Kerry to get the result given Kildare have nothing to play for, Kerry are at home and Flynn is suspended.

Prescient

Hon Galway

4 Likes

Fitzmaurice is blessed.

Astonishing bottling by Monaghan

Great goal though

Gaillimh AbĂș

4 Likes

Tradition.

Box. Office.

Possibly, but Monaghan kicked it away in the first half truth told.

Yeah, Kerry should have no problem making up the scoring difference, it’s all on Monaghan to get something from Pearse Stadium. I don’t think they will, to be honest.

A Dublin - Kerry semi-final looks the most likely upshot of all this.

Dublin will eat that Kerry defence alive.

You’d imagine Kerry will hammer an already eliminated Kildare at home. Monaghan will more than likely need a result to advance.

The only issue with the Super 8s is playing the neutral games in Croke Park

2 Likes

I think Kildare will give them.plenty of it.

Monaghan-Galway is hard to call

Monaghan are a disaster though. Headless

They’ve won the All-Ireland before after being in tight situations like that. Sligo missing a penalty in 2009 springs to mind. Logically, Dublin should have enough to beat them, especially as Dublin can rest players against Roscommon, but my feeling is that there’s something a bit off about Dublin this year and I wouldn’t fully trust them against a potentially revitalised Kerry team who have somehow wriggled off the hook.

Galway would be better off lose to Monaghan and get Dublin in a semi final. Also a bonus of burying Kerry.

2 Likes

Also nice to see the competition come alive with games outside Croke Park, who’d a thunk it.

1 Like

I’d give Monaghan a great chance in Salthill.

There was a similar situation in limerick a few years back. Doom through a game v ballybrown and knocked out nap. Doon then lost their semi final.

I’d rather Dublin in a final. This Dublin team have never performed that well in an All Ireland

Dublin have won all five All Ireland finals they’ve appeared in this decade. Dublin’s three championship exits this decade were all in the semi final.

2 Likes