2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Jesus I hope Iā€™m right now! My brother reckoned he saw Burke getting it after the game.

1 Like

You are right

1 Like

Sorry. Im recording the sunday game. I guess its been named already. Nice one @Faldo

1 Like

Watching Love Island old pal?

1 Like

Shur you canā€™t be at that

1 Like

Those signs for the toilets and the shop in the background at Omaghā€™s Healy Park give it the ambience of a British railway station.

A chance to avenge 1983 has been a long time coming around for Galway. I travelled over from England with my father and uncle for that one. The spitefulness of that match was in keeping with the mood of the country at that time. The eight amendment referendum was the week before.

4 Likes

Big regret that the 98 -01 team never got a chance to give the dubs a hiding. This lot wonā€™t do it, not this year anyway.

1 Like

1983 was the type of defeat that sets a team and county back years, even 15 years. Its something thatā€™s got completely overlooked with the passage of time, but Galway should have beaten Offaly in the 1982 semi final. Iā€™m not so sure though that Galway would have stopped a 5 in a row if they had got to that final. Offaly were below par in that semi final and probably looking ahead to a final, almost to their cost.

Brian Stack playing for Roscommon here @Cicero_Dandi.

He obviously made it out of Portlaoise alive a couple of weeks ago, despite the best efforts of the lads from South Armagh.

That hasnā€™t always happened in the past.

1 Like

Offaly had a fine team in the 1980 -82 era, a good bit better than Galway at that time I speculate

Just back from Monaghan v Kerry and I havenā€™t seen any of the football on TV today. However, some thoughts:-

• Monaghan were by far the best team. Monaghan were the best team and only delivered a fairly mediocre performance by their standards.
  • I donā€™t blame the players that much because really I think they just got raped by Deegan.
  • Having said that Rory Beggan, after a brilliant first half had a terrible second half and was far too rushed.
  • I think Monaghanā€™s hard running style caught up with them towards the end.
  • As soon as we hit those 5 wides in the first 10 minutes I knew.
  • Kieran Donaghy is a do nothing cunt. He is also a useless ugly baldy aul bastard. In addition he is a useless old man and a sack of shite. The most running he did all day was to encroach on every Monaghan free. The Tyrone man here was right to complain about Tyrone being victimized last night and Kerry remain the most cynical team in the country with Donaghy cunt-leader in chief. He was shite and I donā€™t know how you lads are praising him.
  • I think Galway are the real deal and I donā€™t think Monaghan will get a result there. I think Monaghan are gone.
  • I havenā€™t seen anything of the Galway match but if Comer dived to get a man sent off then Iā€™m disappointed in him.
  • FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK
4 Likes

Thatā€™s very ungracious of you, and unbecoming of your teams wonderful endeavours.

Which part?

McStay lost it in a massive way, but Jesus it was hilarious to watch :smile:

2 Likes

He may have been a great fitballer but Nudey Qughes seems a right cranky fucker. Marty had him on the radio after 6. Jacko trying to placate him with a few yerras but Nudey was having none of it.

Hopefully Galway and Monaghan can play out a mutually beneficial draw in Salthill.

weā€™re done.

Yep most likely. Iā€™d say weā€™ve about a 1 in 4 chance against Galway.

Very good atmosphere but tense as fuck. Must have been 25k at it Iā€™d say, not 5000 Kerry people. Only 60000 (maybe less) in the whole of Monaghan. And it was on tv. Nuts.