2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Cluxton was at fault for the goal but he saved a penalty and his kick outs were decent. Beggan should still win the all star though regardless of what happens in the final

Was he bemused when he gave Kieran Hughes and Fintan Kelly frees? Or was he bemused when he failed to award McAliskey a blatant free in?

Why are you only focusing on decisions that went against Monaghan. Itā€™s one eyed commentary and was of no consequence to the result. The best team in Ulster are in the final.

Tyrone can claim to be the best team in Ulster, however they scraped past monaghan with the aid of a seemingly bizarre refereeing performance.

1 Like

He nearly cost them another goal straight after the Comer one. Beggan is the obvious choice for the keeper slot this year. He had an indulgent shot near the end that was incredibly stupid but Monaghan didnā€™t deserve to win overall so very hard to lay the blame there.

What happened for the incident directly after Comerā€™s goal?

The TV coverage missed it because they were still showing replays.

It seemed like Cluxton had hit a short kickout straight to a Galway player.

They beat Monaghan in spite of a bizarre refereeing performance. Three times Tyrone have overturned Monaghan in Croke Park in recent years, Cavanagh, McCann and the referee - thereā€™s always excuses.

But you were talking about ulster. Monaghan knocked tyrone out of ulster this year - in Omagh!

I was at the game but missed it too looking at a replay of the goal. I think it was a bad kickout alright

It might focus Con Oā€™Callaghan to track back his man and be an ā€˜honest brokerā€™

3 Likes

Yes and Tyrone have been the Ulster team which has made it furthest in the AI series for the 4th year running.

@Cicero_Dandi - who do you think will man-mark Ciaran Kilkenny, if anybody?

Frank Burns would appear to be the obvious choice, especially given that Conor Meyler is out. Maybe Kieran McGeary?

he has a few wobbles every season

no wonder st pats didnā€™t touch him

1 Like

Iā€™d like to keep McGeary and Brennan in reserve again. Iā€™d like too see someone like McShane play deeper and being given a task to follow him, heā€™s a very honest player but his decision making further up the field is erratic. Hampsey has the physical presence to do a job. Heā€™s done relatively well on both Murphy and McManus in the last two games.

Iā€™d start Hugh Pat McGeary on Rock too.

Been away the last week so hardly been on here.

Thought the ref yesterday was terrible for both teams but the bad decisions in favour of Tyrone had a greater affect on the outcome The free that Cavanagh got for running into a Monaghan defender and the call against McManus particularly.

That said, the best team on the day won and things seem to going right for Tyrone. Monaghan showed their lack of experience in a semi-final in much the same way that the younger Donegal lads did the previous week.

I canā€™t see Tyrone getting within five points of Dublin in the final but I donā€™t think Monaghan would have got within ten points of them.

You were knocked out of ulster by a team who didnā€™t even make the final. Swings and roundabouts. If you were the best team in Ulster youā€™d be ulster champions

1 Like

Weā€™re in an All Ireland final, m8. Deal with it.

I was dealing with your dubious post. Iā€™ve dealt with it. All the best for the final.

Who do you think was the best team in Connacht in 2016 and 2017, mate?

Who do you think was the best team in Ulster in 2005 and 2008? :grin:

None of your business

1 Like

just apologies to @Cicero_Dandi

1 Like