2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

The eye gouge was disgusting ā€¦ and a clear red. But you cant talk about the ref apparently.

Hi @Bandage, have you met @Cicero_Dandi before? I dont think anyone will be going to bed soon on this one, despite you being 100% correct

9 Likes

If Bando thinks he can put this one to bed with speculation and one eyed commentary then he has another thing coming.

1 Like

Do you think harte deliberately coaches his players to cheat. Or does his mentality just sort of rub off on them???

I doubt it, Mickey is a god fearing man and would never resort to cheating. This is just the Tyrone players.

I donā€™t think Tyrone cheat more than any other team. Bit of an irony there when a Derry man is crying about cheating.

The Sky commentary team is abysmal but even they picked up that the referee signalled for a hop ball rather than a free. No hop ball of course for these scenarios anymore but I donā€™t think there is any official referee signal for an indirect free so they still use it.

Youā€™re still speculating.

Good living for a living. One thing you learn in norn iron is never to turn your back on someone who goes on about his faith

Iā€™m a neutral here. Iā€™ve put this to bed now, but misguided speculation that it wasnā€™t an indirect free kick is a sideshow really.

Itā€™s all speculation.

If the stoppage was to allow treatment then there was no need to signal as itā€™s standard practice as per the refereeā€™s guidebook.

Indeed. Thatā€™s my point. He didnā€™t signal a free, like he did for all the other standard frees, as this wasnā€™t a standard free - he stopped the game to allow McManus to get treatment for the bang he took when in possession. The game then resumed with an indirect free kick to Monaghan. This is fairly clear cut as picked up by astute observers who noted the refereeā€™s and playersā€™ actions and reactions at the time. Speculation that this wasnā€™t an indirect free kick is unhelpful at this stage and contrary to the events as they happened. I think thatā€™s put to bed now, guys.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Case closed.

This caused Ger Canning some confusion at the time too, but Dessie Dolan quickly set him straight, an indirect free

Thatā€™s still speculation.

Your efficiency and determination to set the record straight should be an inspiration to all who post here. You are the antidote to fake news.

Jimmy "cant hold down a job in a proper sport " McGuiness

2 Likes

Radio 1 picked it up straight away. Darragh Maloney is a great commentator.

1 Like

+1. And unfortunately heā€™s made a big error in his piece today too.