2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Give it (Brian) Gavin to the end of the season…

That would be wonderful.

Jerry Wallace was spoken to or made interest about the wexford managers job last year (before banty). There was a sigh of relief he was given the offaly job before interested parties could put their name forward this season.

Stephen

1 Like

McGuiness’s article this week was good I thought. Raises question marks over the Mayo management/coaching ticket, not getting the players making third man runs like the top teams was the gist of it.

Sure don’t bother posting it in case we might get to enjoy it.

2 Likes

“Google” the Irish times. They have a website on the internet. If you “click onto” that website you will see an internet version of the actual Irish times newspaper. If you look closely enough you will then notice the word sport near the top of the page, “click in” again, and find GAA, follow the same process until you find Gaelic football. By scanning that section, as you would a newspaper, visually, you will see the article I referred to. “Click in” one final time and it should appear for you “on screen”.

1 Like

I think you went way too far with such a weak gag. Tell us what Jimmys winning matches said.

Why in the jaysus would you go to all that trouble when you can just click on this?

2 Likes

Ousted Offaly gaffer Wallace spoke well enough on Morning Ireland this morning.

Brian Gavin is coming out the worst in all of this. Carrying pub talk into the public arena, little tidbits that has been seemingly refuted by the players and management now. Very poor from him. He always liked the limelight and intercounty retirement hadn’t lessened that particular need…

1 Like

Woah there now. Wallace has come out of this very poorly. I realise you have an axe to grind with Gavin, and I’ve no issue with that, but Wallace appears to be a right clown. Fell out with current and former players. Said this morning he took his punishment, despite appealing it at least twice. As for the incident in question, ignorance of the highest order.

But if you’re looking for who has come out of this the worst, its the Offaly County Board who are a shambles of an organisation.

1 Like

Ed Coughlan had a far more pointed and experienced inside view article basically calling out Rochford as a bluffer in today’s examiner.

I amaze at how many players go thru a career not improving basic issues.

There seems to be more heed paid to skill improvements in Hurling. But tgere are are most are lists many skills in football.

Might be a cut of Donie what’s his name too the skills coach with Mayo. Wonder was there a fall out the.

That’s a great article, it stacks up really well.

1 Like

Ya it’s astonishing really.

I think alot of coaches think they don’t have the theme. They just don’t have the training knowledge

Yes a massive spoofer almost beat the greatest Gaelic football team Off all time :rollseyes:

3 Likes

3 games v Dublin and lost by an aggregate of 2 points . An utter spoofer !!! Someone needs to lay off the blue nun.

1 Like

I’m not sure it does really. Complaining that Ger Cafferkey didn’t have high ball kicked down on top of him at training between the All-Ireland semi final and replay in 2014 in preparation for Donaghy - there was probably 1 on field training session in that 5 day period! How much is an experienced intercounty fullback going to learn at 1 training session? There is a load more nonsense in it as well from a lad who preaches attention to detail but has a spelling mistake within the first 20 words on his website profile!

The mayo forwards are still as blunt as they were during James Horan’s time .

The notion that Ger cafferky could be readied for Donaghy is 6 days is utter nuts. Any full back on a serious inter county team should be prepared to handle the likes of a Donaghy .

I agree with him on the rash indiscipline costing them and tbh hard blame any coach for that , short of binning the player .

Jimmys no less full of shite than he was. :-/

1 Like

I would firmly believe that kind of drop in discipline is completely the coaches fault.

He creates the culture, he creates the standards.

Doing a course at the moment on Neuroscience and training through FC Barcelona. Unbelievable insight into their approaches.
The right dosage of dopamine is key.

1 Like