2018 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

The only thing I forgot to mention in my post after the Tyrone v Monaghan match was how sad it is that Ronan O’Neill hasn’t progressed the way he could have. Back in 2015 and “hairgate” he was Tyrone’s best forward IMO and he was mostly coming off the bench. You might think that was just because he was young and he’d get more and more gametime but that hasn’t really happened. Mickey Harte has serious questions to answer there because RON is just all class.

Philip Jordan is saying Tyrone don’t have a Conor McManus but Mansy never played minor for Monaghan and when he came on the intercounty scene first there were serious questions asked about him for the first year or so (outside of Clontibret). He progressed. And what is the idea of putting on a sub and then taking him off again? What’s that going to do to a player’s confidence? Harte has serious questions to answer about Ronan O’Neill IMO. A few years ago he could destroy Monaghan. Now older and wiser, playing against the same backs again, no real progress made.

1 Like

Don’t know where you’re getting the talk about Ronan O’Neill being Tyrone’s best forward in 2015 from - he hardly played that year.

Rumours klaxon

Rumours that Colm/Colin Kelly has gotten the bullet in Westmeath, things aren’t good up there and word is Heslin won’t play/isn’t being picked by Kelly, causing ructions. Kelly is said to have had a Row in training during the week and the word was that he walked out in the middle of the session.

Cunts will probably still beat us on Saturday.

Well that’s sort of my point, any time he came on that year I thought he was unbelievable, I thought he’d push on.
But even that year I was thinking “why is this lad not starting?”

He was shit in 2015. Hardly played, his only start was against Limerick, he failed to score in 5 appearances and his scoring total was 0-01 in Championship that year. You are imagining things. McAliskey and McCurry on the other hand were in great form that year.

What happened Chrissy McGuinness?

He was always shit.

Why were you imagining things about Ronan O’Neill?

Not a patch on their Eastern neighbours

Six Cork subs — Anthony Casey, Sam Ryan, Matthew Taylor, Cian Kiely, Stephen Sherlock, and Ronan O’Toole — have never played championship for Cork.

Seán Powter (hamstring), Donncha O’Connor (hamstring) and Brian O’Driscoll (hamstring) are not included in the squad.

CORK (Munster SFC semi-final v Tipperary):

M White (Clonakilty); K Crowley (Millstreet), J O’Sullivan (Bishopstown), K Flahive (Douglas); S White (Clonakilty), S Cronin (Nemo Rangers), T Clancy (Fermoy); A Walsh (Kanturk), I Maguire (St Finbarr’s); K O’Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh), M Collins (Castlehaven), R Deane (Bantry Blues); J O’Rourke (Carbery Rangers), C O’Neill (Ballyclough), L Connolly (Nemo Rangers).

Subs:

A Casey (Kiskeam), S Ryan (St Finbarr’s), J Loughrey (Mallow), M Taylor (Mallow), C Kiely (Ballincollig), R O’Toole (Éire Óg), P Kelleher (Kilmichael), C Vaughan (Iveleary), M Hurley (Castlehaven), S Sherlock (St Finbarr’s), B Hurley (Castlehaven), P Kerrigan (Nemo Rangers).

Dreadfully small and uninspiring back line. Loads of pace, buckets of it in fact, but you need more than that. If I was any opposition I would run hard through the middle. Stephan Cronin is a fine footballer, but he is not an IC No.6

All the quality on the bench is forwards. In fact the subs split is heavily forward with no midfield and 4 backs.

3 Hamstring injuries for 1st round is a joke too. O’Driscoll is a massive loss.

From midfield up Cork would be top 3 or 4. But when Jamie o Sullivan is still starting you really have to wonder.

Where is Barry O driscoll?

Walked a couple of weeks ago

1 Like

Hes a loss.

Class act.

Hated the drills/training apparently. Very rough info there now but having watched them train I am not surprised

Nemo and Barrs way better set up

Why they never made a no.11 out of him I will never get

1 Like

Colm/Colin???

Fuck sake mate, Colin Kelly was one of the top forwards in Leinster in the 90s

Oh dear

Johnny Buckley has left the Kerry panel

Wasn’t he captain?

Interesting. He’s been an important player for them. Kerry are the most difficult side to get a read on this year. They’ll arrive into the Super 8s with a lot of questions.

They are fucked

Think so.

As a kerry man said the me recently, the only thing keeping a few of them “inside” is the free cars and the adulation.

JB is probably one if the ones who has little time for that so no surprise he walked.

Might be other reasons but it has been rumoured Fitzmaurice lost the dressing room