2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.Blame the dubs

Not at all. They just done what was right for Dublin.

Destroying any sense of spectacle in the process

They used every resource given to them and they maximised themselves. How they did it is up to them. But it’s not their fault.

The Leinster Championship is like a Russian election, everyone going through the motions, fulfilling their roles in the ritual, everyone knows the result before a vote is cast or a ball is kicked. Jokeshop

Right on. In most Muldoon counties, if you made the panel for a league match in Jan you could retire after and have your hole licked clean every time you took a shite.

2 Likes

Meath were a beaten docket before the ball was thrown in the other night. It was sad to bear witness to. A once proud sporting county

It’s like people defending Lance Armstrong because he raised money for charity

Tbh I don’t know why an intercounty player from another county would bother his bollocks for anymore than a 3 or 4 years.

Tallaght remains a black spot for players for county team …

Nail on the head

It was flagged years ago. Nobody cared. Nobody wanted to listen. John Connellan is screaming into a vacuum.

It’s a joke to some lads. And Shur look, maybe that’s how it is now. Stick with the club. Homer wrote the Iliad from local matters.

I don’t see much defending of the funding…the conversation moved towards the cheap shots Dublin players are subjected to…like the analysis of cluxtons face collecting the cup …

The thing about Cluxton is well beaten at this stage. It was a stupid post. However you claimed it was because he was preparing to lay a wreath. That made no sense.

I think it’s different,but who has the gumption to do something about it? I think if they funding saw them dominate hurling there’d be uproar, real hurling men are a bit more unruly and in fact unhinged. Could counties regrade and play out a mini Leinster championship at inyer or junior level. It would be wise open and great to watch.

It moved there as ye had no response to the funding. There is no response so it was a handy enough bit of poor mouthing.

Might be something to that.

As for the hurling thing, I don’t see it tbh.

Eh No…if you follow the thread I have acknowledged Dublin funding problem…

I don’t see too much of that but by all means show me I’m wrong. You made a case that the problem was internal to meath and that criticism from ex players was a factor. I don’t think the latter has anything to do with it. This is a massive gap, not a case of one county not pulling their weight. The likes of Kerry and Tyrone would train just as hard if not harder than Dublin but there’s a gap bigger than can be explained by one or two exceptional players

The point I made is Meath folded mentally after the early goal…it happens teams…especially young teams…game plan gone,panic sets in … to say all that is down to Dublin funding is wrong. There’s rarely a kick of a ball in the difference when Kerry or Mayo play Dublin.

1 Like