2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

ATTACKING MARK

Yerra ffs.

Does Jack O’Connor practice shooting at training?

Maybe he does but it looks like most of the Kildare players don’t.

1 Like

It’s going to be some craic in three or four years’ time when the Dublin team is made up of Peadar O’Cofaigh Byrnes and Tom Lahiffs and a smattering of crocked veterans and we’re shipping four goals to Meath and then going down to Thurles for an All-Ireland quarter-final against Kerry as no hopers. Heeeeeyyyy…hhheeeey…baaaabbbbyyy.

1 Like

Emmett O’Conghaile on. Declan O’Mahony might start the semi-final at this rate.

3 Likes

Fifth time since 2013 that the four semi finalists are Dublin, Kerry, Mayo and Tyrone - 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2021. Prior to that those four had never made up the four semi finalists in the 125 years of the championship.

A very stale and predictable competition. They should streamline it down to maybe 8-10 team like they have in the hurling championship.

4 Likes

Football is fucked lads

Will be very hard for dubs to stay focused for semi if tik tok aidy o Shea is on every mainstream media channel in the lead up playing mind games.

2 Likes

Hopefully Kev McMenamon is back in the mix for a fortnights time.

2 Likes

True that. A very poor spectacle today, Dublin chugging along alternating between 2nd and 3rd gears against a game but limited Kildare who left a hatful of scores after them. Fenton barely felt the weight of the ball in his hand, the POTY award a distant memory.
Mayo will be buoyed up by the prospect of slaying the dragon but you’d expect the Dubs to lift the levels of performance sufficiently to dispatch the Rhubarbs homewards to prolong the prophecy.

What should be abundantly clear is you have to take above 80% of chances to have any hope.

2 Likes

It would be classic Mayo to beat Dublin to lose to Kerry in the final. That’s probably what will happen.

1 Like

You’d wonder if Dublin went 5 or 6 points down to Mayo would they have it in them to even muster a response.

The way they are going I doubt they’d even bother.

1 Like

I had the kids primed to witness history in the shape of an iconic P Small attacking mark and the cunt played a more deep lying role all afternoon

I called this 2 weeks ago.

Dessie in his wisdom has taken the king of the attacking mark away from the attacking mark zone this year. It’s bizarre.

1 Like

Was at the game today Dublin barely got into second gear. Kildare didn’t really offer anything though they did take their goal well. Worrying thing was Dublin not creating goal chances.

Is it only Croke Park were they keep making the announcement about everyone should be wearing a mask and everyone keeps ignoring it?

That’s the risk of that keep ball game plan. Can they change game plan mid game that easily.

I don’t think he’s as big an online presence/celebrity as Joe Brolly makes out. He strikes me as a boring enough character.

1 Like