2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

Minor is the pinnacle mate

Finn. Mulcahy. Murphy

It means you have potentially good players coming though and raises ambition in a county. I’d rather win a few minors than be struggling at underage and concerned about what’s coming. The lack of subsequent U20 titles would be a concern for Galway though alright.

1 Like

Gillane is a great bit of stuff. Pure hard cunt, strong as an ox and most importantly an out and out sniper…

9 Likes

I remember that, Domhnall O’ Donovan was one of only two starters not to score but then he saved the day in the All-Ireland final after.

1 Like

Yip, him and Kelly in goal the only two not to

Vintage Davy ball.

Maybe in Laois

What a team Limerick are, though Cork were poor maybe nerves but the great teams sense that and put you away. There is at least 2-3 more all Ireland’s in them. The pack have a lot of work to do to catch them. From 2013 minor Limerick and Waterford were the dominant teams and again at under 21 in the years following but the difference between them is huge. The stability of John Kiely being at the head of things he helped no end, a bit codyesque. Well done Limerick

4 Likes

Kingston was there in 2017 so this would be his 5th campaign. Himself, Coleman, Fitzgibbon and Meade all came through at the one time and gave an infusion of youth.

Limerick are incredible.

Finn, Hayes and Lynch are hall of famers.

Others like Hegartys stats in finals also stand up. Quaid has brought the goalkeeper role on again. Gillane, WOD, Byrnes and the Morrisseys.

They play the rules to the absolute limit which is admirable. Fergal Horgan gets loads of kudos but he was horrendous today. Steps, throws and high challenges waves on. Disappointing from Mulcahy at the end, you’d expect it from Hego but not him.

I’m trying to think who could topple them in the next few seasons and for all the talk of Tipp being this and that they are probably the most likely contender with a few tweaks.

4 Likes

Search without your heart, you know it to be true

We have no limlations

Yer spelling needs work

3 Likes

I think it’s time for the rest of ye to accept your Limerick overlords

5 Likes

Empires are always rising and falling

Class.

Re Cork, a wise hurling man once said " speed in your head is more important than speed in your feet"

4 Likes

Limerick have become the 4th county to reach double figures. Don’t think it’s being mentioned here so far.

2 Likes