2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

Iā€™ve been apologetically sending out feelers, though I know itā€™s a real long shot, Iā€™m not involved in a club so Iā€™d feel a bit of guilt if I got one but Iā€™d get over that.
I know itā€™s a waste of time but if somebody here had a spare Iā€™d be grateful :smiley:

Cian Lynch has a strain and Byrnes managing an ankle

The best craic would be in the border areas or for Cork people in living in Limerick or vice versa. Unfortunately these will be well down the list of people well down the list of people allocated tickets if they have not kept contact with their original club in Limerick or Cork

2 Likes

Indeed, my wifeā€™s home place is literally on the border, her old fella owns a nice stretch of the Linerick side, the craic is mighty out there

Always a good craic between Cork and Limerick supporters. I would have stated going to matches an the early 80ā€™s and cork were always great supporters between the array of flags on the terrace and the flares on the terrace as a young fella growing up

2 Likes

Iā€™ll ask about.

4 Likes

Agreed, like you my earliest memories are of early 80s clashes when Limerick were Corks biggest rivals in hurling

I also have great memories of 87 and the drawn game in particular, that was a classic, rarely mentioned but it was an unheralded Kieran Kingston from Tracton that got the equalizer that day with the last puck, in the couple of minutes beforehand John Fenton and Tony Sull had missed easy chances, one of those great Munster championship knock out days

1 Like

Weā€™re tremendous fun.

1 Like

Not Drom but not that far away either

Strain of madness???

Mellerick seems to be recovering from heā€™s hamstring injury and says he hopes to play a part on Sunday (according to examiner). Be a big loss to Cork if he canā€™t cause he did a job on Hegarty earlier in the championship.

That was the day the Cork crowd in the town end fucked the black pool ball at Eamon Cregan who was Limerick manager

1 Like

Canā€™t see a hammer being right in two weeksā€¦ Mind games from the Rock

Hego has had a poor year so far. If he turns on the style on Sunday neither Mellerick nor anyone else will stop him

3 Likes

He didnā€™t tear it . It was only a strain. Similar to Cian Lynchā€™s. Hope they both make it.

1 Like

Agreedā€¦ Thomas Brady was asking Kiely to hook him about 2 minutes before the goal the last dayā€¦ Hego fair shut him upā€¦ But heā€™s been well below par all year.

1 Like

Lynch has a fitness test Friday I believe so weā€™ll know thenā€¦

1 Like

Playing a lad with a dodgy hamstring in an All Ireland Final is never a good idea.

2 Likes

Heā€™s not been as good as last year but I wouldnā€™t say heā€™s been poor.

Ok. Noted.

2 Likes